Home Defense 101

It had been so nice and quiet here for the last couple of days too. I was really enjoying it.

4 Likes

…and for Mr Troll pic, we dont want to see what YOU look like pal, shame on you and scram back to that little cave by the swamp YOU crawled out of.
I can take insults…can you​:upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::grin:

Well piss off then…you dont live here do you? That would definitely make you a troll on again, DUELING DISCUSSIONS, riiiight.
Real men, real warriors…hah! Yah better stop looking at those Thor flicks and get off that gamming console…this is real life and we all yell when hit out here Mr real warrior. Fact.
Now, I can play nice if you want, or…but I dont back down from creeps who start trouble, catch a black eye then want to run and yell bad guy hit me. Thats a sucker move not real man or warrior…huh. I can chop here and express my opinions, right or wrong and you cant troll me away. Just ignore me NO problem.
Try harder bud…

Oh… how nice is here… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Man… I mean @Dee-7 (I don’t know if you are a man)… If you really enjoy ruining every valuable discussion between civilized people… just change portal to any Facebook-ish social media.

4 Likes

Hahaha…I dont know if your a person…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
But if you are a person you would know that Im responding back to those who are responding to me.
So yeah you might want to run over to some other social media site yourself…if your so civilized and Im not, what civilized person would even notice whats undignified, right. Soooooo, to those who think so low of me, dont stoop to my level right. Now , doesn’t that make any sense to you soooo civilized, dignified AH. So, if the shoe fits ya, now wear the sh—

1. Dueling discussion so piss off if yah attack gets attacked. Self defense #1
    2.Unless you personally know someone here, we don’t know each other from your pissing post to mine at all. So man up ya self.
  2. You dont have the power to shut no one up so just ignore and dont respond. Mr Troll there got that part right.
  3. I really want to stick to the topic itself but IF YOU BITE I’LL CHOMP. You see that by now,so dont or…here we go.
  4. To all the reall civilized individuals on this feed, you haven’t responded to me if you think bad of me, thanks and as soon as the piss throwing stops. Ill come out of wolf mode and join mankind again.
    Hate it or love it, we r who we r this is not a therapy feed. Now fire away…Im 24/7
    But…if you really didn’t mean any harm, my apologies…just didn’t come across to me as polite at all. Be safe

Ohand for you comical, gaming console, Thor type movie fanatics with a firearm who wnats to know…am I a man or not…here’s a visual a1 1[quote=“Dee-7, post:45, topic:100356, full:true”]
Hahaha…I dont know if your a person…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
But if you are a person you would know that Im responding back to those who are responding to me.
So yeah you might want to run over to some other social media site yourself…if your so civilized and Im not, what civilized person would even notice whats undignified, right. Soooooo, to those who think so low of me, dont stoop to my level right. Now , doesn’t that make any sense to you soooo civilized, dignified AH. So, if the shoe fits ya, now wear the sh—

1. Dueling discussion so piss off if yah attack gets attacked. Self defense #1
    2.Unless you personally know someone here, we don’t know each other from your pissing post to mine at all. So man up ya self.
  2. You dont have the power to shut no one up so just ignore and dont respond. Mr Troll there got that part right.
  3. I really want to stick to the topic itself but IF YOU BITE I’LL CHOMP. You see that by now,so dont or…here we go.1
  4. To all the reall civilized individuals on this feed, you haven’t responded to me if you think bad of me, thanks and as soon as the piss throwing stops. Ill come out of wolf mode and join mankind again.
    Hate it or love it, we r who we r this is not a therapy feed. Now fire away…Im 24/7
    But…if you really didn’t mean any harm, my apologies…just didn’t come across to me as polite at all. Be safe

do not worry… me neither…

sonny

HAVE A ROOT BEER.

I fully understand two way communication, especially between civilized people. Pissing on somebody because he pissed you off is not a part of discussion.
You mentioned self defense #1… I think most members here would tell you that your version is not correct.
Self defense #1 is avoiding. If not possible then de-escalation. You actually represent totally opposite version. :person_shrugging:

Yes, I do not have any power here, so that’s why I simple and politely asked you to reconsider using other platform that perhaps gives you more fans than you get here.

2 Likes

One thing I always liked about this forum is how generally kind and respectful all the regulars are to each other. Everyone brings different experiences and skills to the table, and, for the most part, everyone treats each other as brothers.

I don’t like it when someone comes in new and just seems to want to stir the pot with everyone.

I’ve never blocked a troll on here before, but I just had my first block. Hopefully he crawls back under his rock and understands that his behavior is not welcome.

6 Likes

Ok, I held my breath long enough :rofl:

First, going out to clear your house if you hear bumps in the night is foolish. Unless you HAVE TO, as in you have a child in another part of the house and you need to go get them or protect them.

Otherwise…

My wife and mine game plan is to both get behind the bed (heavy solid oak with a ultra high density foam mattress, can’t shoot through that), my wife, while armed with her handgun, will call 911 while I cover the door, and we’ll stay on the phone while the guys who get paid to clear my house come.

While we are doing that we will announce loudly to whoever is in our house that the police are coming, that we are armed and the we will protect ourselves with deadly force against any threats. If they are dumb enough to come through the door of the bedroom a rain of hell awaits them.

As far as willingly going walkabout in your house. Why would you!!! You’re getting into a situation of which you have ZERO tactical knowledge of the threat. That’s what Custer did, didn’t work well for him or his 270+ troopers. You are discarding cover and concealment, a tactical advantage) to go after someone(s) that can take advantage of, again, cover and concealment, and lie in wait. I don’t think we have any Ninjas here. They WILL hear you moving about the house while they wait for you. One turn into a room and bang. You’re toast.

But if you STILL decide to proceed you better bring your A game.

It might be a stupid teen with a knife fumbling through your house… or 4 attackers with shotguns or ARs. And if you are standing there with your dusty J frame with 5 pops in it and your cheap flashlight, scenario one MIGHT be Ok, scenario two, you’re going to die, period.

My EDCs (several of them) live in my nightstand always handy. BUT my HD gun is a 9mm 4.5” barreled AR pistol with a brace, with a 32 round mag inserted locked and loaded, and a second mag on stand-by attached by a clip to the first one. There are also 6 other loaded sticks handy. The AR also has a melt your eyes light and laser combo as well as a military grade red dot. And even with that in my hands I ain’t going hunting through my house.

9 Likes

TRUTH!
You had me worried big guy! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I would do the VERY thing you described!
Don’t go lookin’ fer trouble when troubles in da houze.
Let the Wolves come to you! Protect the house and all in it.
If they don’t heed the warnings (verbal) you then do what you have to do.
Castle doctrine, stand yer ground etc etc so on and so forth.
You goes stumblin’ ‘round and you can git yerself kilt!
As I said my Hallway is 20’+ end of the Hall, between the front door and
our bedrooms is a KILL BOX, Sister in farthest B’room is a safe room. She’s
armed and Trained up. If they get passed me she knows what to do. She already
on the phone to the MAN and the USCCA. Steel door in the safe room.
You’d have to be an idiot to keep going. They already killed me so what are they after?
They’d NEVER get in. Only moron(s) would keep going
I’m Nobody a retired Bodyguard I don’t have those kind of enemies… (I think :crazy_face:)
Truth be told I believe they wouldn’t make it past me but hey sh** happens amirite?
I only have to lose one Gunfight to be knockin’ on da pearly gates.
Pssssssst! The Armory is in my room. Claymore’s, Phoo gas and Punji stick pits between the doorway and me…GOOD LUCK BAD GUYS.

All kiddin’ aside I’m just a harmless retired old Gunner, You might make it out f you left now.

Just sayin’
adonde nosotros vamos uno nosotros ir todo!!!
Nessun passo sul serpente

6 Likes

Agreed! Plus, flashlights are like tracers…. They work both ways. Better to maintain a tactical advantage by knowing your home in the dark.

3 Likes

I agree that people should be concerned about giving away their position with a flashlight. Though having a flashlight to confirm if it is really a threat or not and to illuminate the threat if needed to help with aim are also important.

People should also be concerned with giving away their position and exposing themselves to attack by moving around in the dark. It is very hard to move perfectly silently. We may have the advantage in awareness of the terrain but we are unlikely to be sure of the attackers numbers and all their positions. Even if I hear a noise in the kitchen I can’t be sure there isn’t a quieter attacker in the office or outside the living room window looking in, etc.

That is why I prefer getting everyone to our safe area ASAP where the home invaders only have one very dangerous, for them, path to approach.

In our safe area I can place a flashlight on a railing several feet from my concealed/partially covered hiding spot. Anyone who breaks through that final door will be stuck at the end of a narrow hallway with a very bright light shinning in their eyes. Even if they do manage to get off a couple shots in the direction of the light before I stop the threat they are most likely going to be aiming in the wrong direction.

5 Likes

I totally agree with @Enzo_T and @Don102. I’m not as well armed as either of you, but well enough to stop multiple attackers if they try to break through my bedroom door (I dove on my sunken boat and grabbed a few of my guns back :rofl:). The bed is positioned between us and the door, and we have an escape route out of the bedroom if we need it. I have a land line phone in the bedroom so 911 can get an immediate address off my call (cell phones’ locations are not precisely tracable to a particular address immediately by 911 like a landlines is). We each have bright, high-quality lights along with our guns. While not a solid steel door, I replaced the bedroom door with a solid core door and we brace it to buy some time.

I have no kids in the house, so no need to go wandering around in the dark if I’m pretty sure someone is in the house.

7 Likes

Try harder

I’ve paired down Weapon-wise actually. Thinned the Heard.
My Choices depend on the situation now
As long as you are proficient with whatever you have you are golden
Your solid door is an improvement that can pay for itself. Gives you time
to set up. Excellent
By the way Joseph Just between you and me (Everybody else plug your ears please)
I don’t have those Claymore’s Phoo gas, Punji pits) But I did buy a Flame thrower from
Classic Firearms recently! Wreaks havoc on the Hallway paint tho :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Ill respect those who respect me, point blank. You want to talk big about self defense then get into your kiddish feelings when I speak against bully talk and slander. Lets keep to just the topic at hand, how about that, or no, you rather keep throwing troll shots at me…
But hey, keep jabbing, really your only jabbing at air.
I think that should sum it up for the true trolls here.
I still cool, no matter😉

1 Like

LOL :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Anybody know a good Painter? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think you’re going to need a carpenter first :rofl:

3 Likes

“If I had a Hammer!.. Everything looks like a Nail!” da da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:sing it with me Brothers you know the words! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes