Holster Needed for Gun with Laser and Light Combo

I have a S & W Shield 9, and have added a Lasermax Centerfire Gripsense laser / light combo to it, which mounts to the trigger guard.

I’m having trouble finding a holster for this gun with laser, in fact I have not found anyone making a holster for the combo, anyone have this same combo and know of a good IWB holster for it?

1 Like

Leather may be an option; some leather holsters will fit multiple sizes with light/laser attachments. I can’t recommend any, as I’ve not used one. If not leather, then have you considered buying a kydex holster that’s made for an S&W 9 but with another brand of light attachment and then heating the kydex a little while inserting your gun with it’s brand of light for a possible custom fit? Kydex becomes extremely pliable when warmed, and you’d not want to overheat an area. It may be more trouble than it’s worth, but I thought I’d put it out there as a last resort if no one else can help.

2 Likes

The holsters I use for my firearm/ light combinations are custom made kydex from a shop close by. They cost between 75-85 a piece, but they have a lifetime warranty and are made from thick kydex. You can look in your area to see if you have any shops that make holsters and how much they cost…may pay off.

1 Like

Yes, at this point I’m thinking I’ll have to go with a KYDEX version of the Shield with a similar Laser / Light combo and then shape the KYDEX to my exact gun.

1 Like

I personally don’t care for the laser and light combination on a gun, I rather carry a small flashlight. If I ever decide to get a laser, I would buy the laser rod for my pistol. I don’t like carrying the extra bulk.

2 Likes

Hey @Jackson1, talk to the folks at ProTEQ Custom Gear. When I ordered my IWB, I recall them saying they could build a holster for most any optic or laser/light, but you might need to send them your attached equipment if they don’t have that specific part in their shop: proteqcustomgear.com.

2 Likes

@Alces_Americanus, this looks like a top notch company and I have never heard of them.

1 Like

Obviously a to each his/her own decision. I agree with you on a separate light. I envision that more likely than not the extra bulk and weight of an attached light would be more of a hindrance than a benefit. I see them as a home defense rather than carry option.

But different strokes for different folks! I don’t carry a 7 Wood either !

2 Likes

I found them when I was researching the P365. Stephen Brannon, the owner, is a firearms engineer. He had this video posted about the gun, and it led me to his holster company:

https://youtu.be/6oT9QpYsTUI

3 Likes