Holster for Taurus 856 3"

Any recommendations for a good holster for a Taurus 856 3"?

I’m looking for a nice own and a comfortable IWB.

1 Like

When in doubt (for leather holsters), I’ll usually go Galco. I don’t think they are the best holsters, but I’ve been very happy with the models I’ve bought. Galco lists a “Combat Master” OWB leather holster for the Taurus 856 3". I haven’t tried that model of holster, but wouldn’t hesitate to try it (have other holsters higher on the priority list right now).

Although I don’t have experience with either, Craft Holsters and 1791 both have IWB and OWB holsters listed for the 856 3". I have no experience with those brands but have read and seen a few happy reviewers on the internet and via YT videos… although I take internet and YT reviews with a grain of salt.

These suggestions should be less expensive and have a short waiting period than many options (in leather). I’ll sometimes pick up a Galco leather holster when waiting on a 3-9 month waiting list from a higher quality brand (also, I prefer horse hide). Sometimes I’ll be happy enough with the Galco that I won’t end up purchasing the better brand… the Galco Fletch for my K9, and a couple modified Galco shoulder holsters for my CW45 and M2.0 40 are examples.

I don’t have experience with plastic or kydex holsters for revolvers. There are some hybrid IWB holsters from CrossBreed and AlienGear that might also be an option. I have no experience with those brands either.

2 Likes

Maybe this will help…Top 10 Best taurus 856 holster Reviews - Armed Forces International

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like