Highland Park Mayor: Good Guy with Gun Would've Meant 'More Carnage'

3 Likes

Lying through her teeth :grimacing:

6 Likes

Well hold on there - she’s right. A good guy with a gun would have allowed the perp to keep shooting.

Twenty good guys with guns shredding the perp beyond recognition would have definitely ended the shooting event.

8 Likes

Rallying to take peoples rights away is no way to address a problem. To address a problem one needs everyone’s interest at heart.

7 Likes

This is what happens when you build a fantasy world and then move into in as if it’s real.

7 Likes

But only in Highland Park, meanwhile in Garfield Park

5 Likes

It’s not Gun Control. It’s Civilian Disarmament,

7 Likes

Devils Advocate
We hear this stuff, “had a gun in a Gun Free Zone”, “Private citizens shooting each other”…
We bristle at the crap some of these activist spew all over the willing accomplice media.
But
Do we do the same thing? Are we so sure that we are right that we appear to be zealots? Are we making the same mistakes they are making? Do we sound like fanatics?

Devils Advocate

2 Likes

A “freedom obsession”. That says it all, right there. What do you want to bet that this same leftist is still crying about Roe being overturned?

How can we possibly deal with such a warped and delusional world view?

8 Likes

Keep your powder dry and stock your pantry. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I hear you, to me, sometimes, each side sounds like the other ---- only a different opinion, but same style, I regret. Even I’ve been known to get “All riled up”, per se.

Speaking of Devil’s Advocate:

At the Highland Park tragedy, were there already about 20 police officers there exactly when the shooting began — guarding the parade, yet they, “officially authorized, trained, and armed authorities”, still did not stop him? IDK. Scratching my head.

3 Likes

I raised this question probably a year ago somewhere here in the community. We will do well selling the cause of responsibly armed citizens by being well trained, supremely level-headed and knowledgeable.

6 Likes

If belief in our unalienable rights and our Constitution is fanaticism, then yes, call me a fanatic.

7 Likes

Yes, cool heads prevail.

1 Like

For all we truly know there could have been a good guy with a gun their who couldn’t have gotten a clean shot or did not see where the shots came from. A big part of carrying is knowing when not to draw, when not to shoot.

2 Likes

Yes for the shooter! The carnage would have been a dead murderer! Ignorant thing to say Mayor Rotering.

2 Likes

That day or the next, she’s emotional, she gets a pass.
Beyond that, she’s unreasonable bordering on evil to blame legally, responsibly armed citizens that weren’t there.

1 Like

You got to know when to hold 'em; know when to fold 'em.
Know when to walk away, and know when to run.

2 Likes