Hi everyone, question / Suggestions

@Mark801 I have an OWB BlackHawk Serpa Kydex holster, maybe check it out.

1 Like

I don’t recommend Serpa Holsters. Nothing against yours, if it works fine for you.
But it is no-go holster for somebody who never used it before. :neutral_face:

There are actually a lot of places (ranges, classes, training facilities) where those holsters are forbidden.

3 Likes

@Jerzees I have other holsters that I use from Alien, and Crossbreed. Had no clue about the BlackHawk Serpa, is it because of it’s locking mechanism that it’s not aloud in ranges, classes, and training facilities?

1 Like

I mostly use an IWB DeSantis Gunhide M89, 3 o’clock and a Hank’s belt. It never moved and I can jump up and down and my gun is secure.
I just ordered a DeSantis IWB made especially for my M&P Shield that will fit better for that pistol. I’ll try to report on it later.

2 Likes

Yeah. The problem is with position of the locking mechanism.
The easiest explanation what is the problem with “trigger finger lock” is to watch “I just fu$#@n’ shot myself” video.

He later explained the reason, which was obvious - his finger was doing what it supposed to do - press down the lock… however the process of pressing was longer than expected and his finger slipped over the trigger, already exposed.

I’ve been seeing students doing this on the ranges… and I never want to be around. Whenever gear setup is my responsibility - Serpa Holsters is never allowed.

To be honest, I don’t see any reason for second retention level for civilians. For duty holster thumb lever is a great equivalent.

7 Likes

Well I have come full circle on my holsters,I have gone back to my original CC holster, it’s a Bianci 82. It is a locking holster that you unlock with your index finger, very natural and fast, and since it is your index finger and not your trigger finger, very safe, and the trigger guard and trigger are covered. I don’t know if they are even selling these anymore.

2 Likes

My understanding of index finger is that it is the trigger finger. Do you unlock with your middle (F-U) finger?

5 Likes

:joy:

I remember one shooter who’s trigger finger wasn’t an index finger.
His name is Thomas Beckett. :wink:

1 Like

Yes the f u finger

3 Likes

My sister did not like guns at all. She had a burglar come into her house and decided she wanted a gun. The was a problem though, she had cut off her index finger when my Mom was cutting the grass and went into the house to get a drink. My Mom told her not to touch the mower but she did and lost her finger trying to get away from the mower when she heard Mom coming out the door. I went with her to pick out a gun and she shot it a couple of times and didn’t touch it again for a long time. Then her grandkids came to live with her and were a little rambunctious and she decided she needed to hide it better. Well, she took it to the most secure place she knew. What place was that, the BANK. She kept it in her safety deposit box for years. Some people should not own a gun and my sister was one of them. Lesson learned early on in my life.

4 Likes

I love it when you guy’s talk dirty! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Just kidding :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

yep, USCCA members have access to discount codes, when they log in through the USSCA website.

On the main page, after you log in, click on “Perks & Discounts”, and scroll down.

3 Likes