Have you tried Aguila Colibri 22 LR ammo?

Have you tried Aguila Colibri 22 LR ammo?

Yes I have.

Nope. CCI only here. Aguila that I have tried in the past left lead sludge buildup in my S&W.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the colibris just use the primer to push the bullet. No powder to foul the barrel? Though I’ve only shot a few of them out of an old revolver. I wouldn’t use them from a rifle, but some people do. Too high of a chance for a squib round for me. But they do make a super colibri that would likely be safer from a rifle.

2 Likes

They work good and have the ballistic profile of a football. Read the velocities. Anything under 1050 fps will get you subsonic out of any tube but you will need 16"+ to get a “click-phhutt”. I used to use them to practice awful hand with in a 26" Remmy 513T in my back yard in the middle of suburbia. The back stop was a box of $0.10 paperback books. The 60gr boolit will do a number on your average town size critter.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

I had bought a bunch of it. It was all I could find around here. I don’t like it. 20% failure in my revolver. It’s a dirty round. I’ve managed to shoot up all of my stock, & replaced it with better brands. Definitely won’t recommend.

1 Like