#gunsafety2020 Your favorite nightstand safe?

@Zee! You know Moon Pies? Traditionally eaten with an RC.

1 Like

@Bugleboy I do indeed :grin: now all I need is a dinner of my grandmother’s fried chicken or pot roast with lemonade tea and I’m all in :rofl::grin:

1 Like

I like lemonade and tea and mixed, but in the deep South, sweet tea is considered a street drug of choice lol.

1 Like

Homemade vegetable soup and cornbread on a cool day. Cornbread and buttermilk any kinda day.

1 Like

How did this change into a food conversation? :woman_facepalming: LOL!

2 Likes

I don’t eat lead. We needed something more appetizing.
It’s a long story, but it’s @Zee’s fault. I tried to keep her on topic, but noooo lol.
For another topic actually, but I’ve been considering lately the most secure holster for some of the pretty crowded restaurants. So maybe that’s my excuse. Nobody watches their children, and they get into everything. Speaking of gun safes for bedside, I have seen hard case belt holsters that double as single gun safe with four digit code pad. When you put it on a waistband, it automatically goes to a single release on top for quick access. I’m not sure whether I like these, but it is an option.
Is this a viable option for both carrying in close in crowds and instant bedside safe? I can see two answers at least.

1 Like

The trainer who advocates for consistency in carrying would be one I’d love to get advice from here on the hard clam shell. Have you had any experience? Broad learning curve?

1 Like

Haven’t seen one, got a link @Bugleboy?

I’ll look for it tonight when I’m home.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s an Abdo concealment/portable safe. I believe it will only support compact or more likely subcompact.
But when you take the case off your waist, it reverts to a 4 digit pad safe and will set a GPS tracker if it’s stolen.
I’m up in the air on this one. I haven’t decided what I think.

1 Like

Hey @RocketPak! That’s cool, but I couldn’t put one of those in my truck in SC.
What I saw was a concealment case like a hard shell sneaky pete with interesting electronics.

https://theabdo.com/

1 Like

@RocketPak the Jotto is what I have mounted in my truck - LOVE it, use it every day. That said, we think it doesn’t count as a “locked container” for places like Illinois - even though it DOES secure the firearm beautifully - because it doesn’t enclose the entire firearm.

Not currently using it to secure firearms in the house, but I would have no problem using it for bed-side or office access.

1 Like

Seems great for bedside or other spots where you spend a lot of time like kitchen, desk, maybe even under the dining table. I’ve read reports of intruders attacking when a family is eating or relaxing. I wonder how child safe it is. It would be hard for me to trust anything other than an enclosed lockup around children.

It bolts or rivets into a solid surface, and once locked the firearm is SECURE. I don’t think even the Jaws of Life would get it out of my truck. The mag release can be accessed, but you’re not getting the gun out. I think if you had a sub-compact, and locked it with one in the pipe, and you had tiny toddler fingers, they could maybe squeeze a finger down inside and touch the trigger, but I don’t think they could get leverage to pull it. Tween to adult fingers wouldn’t fit. But short of Godzilla, the frame and slide are staying locked in there.

1 Like

@Zee

I’ve been giving it some serious thought, but when my firearm is at home I have a flashlight/laser attached to the front rail. Do you think the Jotto would accommodate that?

1 Like

@RocketPak measure the width of the light/mount and the height from top of sight to bottom of light mount and I’ll check!

Since I have a teenager in the house, I use a SpeedVault bolted to the side of my nightstand. It holds the gun vertically, and presents it upon hitting the code. It’s lit on the inside so you can see your weapon in the dark. I got it through Home Depot online shopping a few years ago. They had the best price at the time ($90). The only complaint I have about it is that it’s loud. Makes a loud clunking noise when the latch releases.

1 1/4 inches wide
3/4 inches sticking out from the nose
3 3/4 inches from the top of the front sight to the bottom of the flashlight.

1 Like