Gun wrap

What do you think about this wrap i di it myself
20200705_002425|375x500

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you, great to have you aboard.

2 Likes

I’m not much into gun wraps, they look nice and I’m sure some people here in the community are into it.

3 Likes

Howdy neighbor! Greetings from West Virginia! Welcome! Lots of great info here! Awesome people and very knowledgeable! Make sure you tap it!
Question- is that just pandemic boredom? :rofl:
Looks terrific!

2 Likes

Looks like a fun past-time. :slight_smile:
When you’re done do you hit the Little Tikes bouncy ball? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You do know that if you are involved in a self defense case the prosecutor will use that wrap against you, and that was told to me by a lawyer who specializes in self defense cases. That’s why I am not into them. Just a little word of advice.

4 Likes

MICHAEL549,
Welcome to the club! Enjoy your learnings here! Have fun, learn and share! :+1:

1 Like

Yeah and i was trying to make a little money off of it while i was laid off

1 Like

My son does that on cars, what is the durability like? Welcome aboard!

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Good point, @Michael549. A prosecutor will try to use anything they can against you. It’s a balance between adding some color to your firearm and being prepared to defend that decision in court if you ever have to legally defend your physical self-defense actions.

Being able to articulate why you did what you did will go a long way in your defense.

I think the flags are easy enough to defend. Spiderman may be called a vigilante though… It’s a balancing act for sure!

1 Like

I know nothing about the wrap. Can you wrap a rifle barrel? I have a stainless steel barrel that I would like to subdue without resorting to spray paint.

To the OP, looks great. Very creative. Love the flag wrap.

1 Like

I did this with a kit from GunSkins. It looked great, but I did it before I got my kydex holster. Discovered a pinch point on a leading edge of the holster that immediately scraped off the outside top edge of the skin on the slide. Plus another spot near the muzzle end of the slide. Decided to remove the skins I had just put on two days before the holster arrived :frowning:. Might try again after removing the two “wear” spots. I think it is just because that edge of the holster comes to a tapered point at a weird angle. The wraps looked awesome (just a dark kryptek wraith), but I also wondered about the possible “legal” ramifications of looking like a “gun nut”. Oh well I was only out 20 bucks on the wrap kit. It worked well enough with my leather holsters, and Bravobelt.

2 Likes

I did some research on GunSkins brand before I bought a generic kit. There was a guy asking the same question about rifles. He apparently put it through the paces and was happy with the results.

2 Likes

Yeah when the lawyer said that I couldnt help but agree. I believe a prosecutor would say " See he/she was just itching to show off with his new gun skin and ended up killing the victim" or something along those lines. Or he didn’t care bout defending himself he/she just thought life was a video game and he did’t take the responsibilty of self defense serious enough" and forget if you happen to play a first person shooter video game. Anything they can use will get used against you. It’s a little different if the firearm comes like that from the manufacturer at least you can have a defense. My advice to users of DYI skins, Take them off it looks irresponsible in a court of law. Me as an individual I have no problem with it and yeah it looks nice but in the grand scheme of things it’s unnecessary. I use a gun for hobby or self determination i.e self defense. Have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Its a good point but no matter what your going to have to fight for you life. Especially with the things are right now but thinks for the advice i like the american flag the best i just got board and trying to make alittle money off of it

1 Like

I got one from gunskins.com and i wrapped and i cut it back just a little from the end of the slide

2 Likes

4 Likes

I happy with the gun skin i got from gunskins i would by one again but i been printing off my own

2 Likes

I wouldnt wrap a barrel you can try it but i think it would cause malfunction

2 Likes

My recommendation would be, if you like the fun wrapping hobby, keep doing it to all the firearms you want, except, your EDC.

2 Likes