Gun Vault: Ruger LC9

Do you carry the LC9 or another Ruger?

Give us your opinion on Rugers!

1 Like

Do not own the LC9. Reasons have to with lacks-da-mony, small size for my hands, limited ammo capability.

I DO have the “brick” p89dc. 10 to 15 rounds out of the box with larger magazines (@Zee, I know “reliability”) if desired. Goes bang, and not finicky about ammo choices (yet.) I may find one but so far so good. Built to mil standards not so bad, accurate at most self defense distances.

If the LC9 is this tough it would be a great concealable, dependable carry weapon.

1 Like

My only complaint is the trigger was very stiff. That’s been years ago tho maybe they lightened it up.

1 Like

I have a SR40 that I just love. I wouldn’t mind finding a SR9c or SR40c to replace my kahr CW40, not that it hasn’t been a great gun, just ready for a change, and I’ve been leaning toward Ruger

1 Like

My EDC is a G3 G19 that I carry in a Crossbreed Super Tuck. However, sometimes that combo is not doable and I revert to my LC9 in appendix carry with a Tier 1 Axis Slim holster. The gun fires fine but does have a long trigger pull. I use an extended mag so my pinky has a home and aim slightly high and right to make up for my less-than-ideal trigger pull on the LC9. For me it really comes down to what, when and where as no combination is perfect for every situation. Have a great day and aim true!

2 Likes

@GrantCampbell, welcome to our place to chew the fat and discuss various issues and hardware.

3 Likes

Funny, I just realized I said “I aim slightly high and right” in my post, then closed with “aim true” I should read what I write before hitting that blue reply button

2 Likes

@GrantCampbell sounds like that is your ‘aim true’ for that firearm. I’m good with that :grin:

@Joe I love my bricks :grin: glock G21 and G30, ruger p89. They do exactly what they need to, every time. That makes them Sexy Industrial Beasts in my eyes, every one of them.

I don’t currently own any Ruger handguns at the moment but have owned quite a few in the past and will add another couple of Ruger Revolvers probably sooner rather than later.

One thing I can say about them going all the way back to the early seventies is that a Ruger is like an Estwing Hammer, it will do exactly what it’s made to do every time. Their reliability is just amazing.

I’ve also owned a couple of dozen Ruger rifles over the years and several shotguns and that reliability runs throughout the whole line. The Ruger Mini 14/30 line of tactical rifles are among the best ever produced.

1 Like

i had my lc9 for 9 years now never had a problem with it love it i carry two mag

2 Likes

@Zee was just referencing the statement you made about p89 mags that didn’t fit or had issues hence “reliability”.

Love my 89 and it is like Linus’s blanket, a welcome friend.

1 Like

I love that analogy
@Robert_L welcome to the group! I think you’re going to find yourself in good company on the LC9

I own both the LCP and LCR 38 special. LCR is my fishing and yard work revolver with first 2 loads varmit loads followed by 3 defensive loads. The LCP carried when I cannot carry my Gen 5 Glock 19 for special places.

1 Like

Welcome @GrantCampbell and @Robert_L! Glad to have you both here.

I love how @Joe welcomed you!

1 Like

I have a Ruger P95 DC I have never fired that WILL be going with me on my next day trip to the range.

2 Likes

@DBrogue I have some mags that may fit your p95
 they’re supposed to fit all p series, but they dont actually work in the p89. Might be I bought some mags for you

My first experience with a ruger was in my early 20’s. A buddy had one and the magazine would fall out when shooting. I think it had a broken something-or-other. That stayed with me and I avoided them for a long while. Then, when I wanted a little wheel gun, I got an LCR. I no longer think bad thoughts when I think ruger. I traded my marlin 60 for a ruger 10/22.

2 Likes

“You will never get a 2nd Chance to make a First Impression”-Grampa.

As your example shows it’s also very hard to get over them.

2 Likes

My SR9c

1 Like

I carry the LC9s and I absolutely love it!! It has shot every kind of bullet that I have fed through it without any problems at all, both new and remanufactured. It’s not a picky little pistol at all when it comes to ammo.

2 Likes