Got new shoulder rigs

Hey guys, just a note about someone who got it right.
I already had a couple nice shoulder rings, but I saw these (not leather this time) shoulder holsters that I thought might be a good buy. The price was very right.
It was a company I didn’t know, but the price was pretty good so I bought two different rigs. In great time I received my package.
The problem was the box only had one holster. I knew it should have had two together, but I gave it a few days just in case. A few days ago I sent an email about the problem. Yesterday I got an email that they were taking care of it, and it would be on it’s way soon. Almost immediately I got the email telling it had shipped and gave me the tracking. Pretty quick. I got one with holster and mag pouches. The other is a double gun rig.
Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised and wanted to tell y’all.
I think the company is Outdoor King (memory). They must be in the US, I bet Texas considering the shipping time. I can’t remember where they shipped from but I’ll check it out.
I was wrong. Arizona.

2 Likes

Pictures? If they aren’t leather, what is their primary construction?

2 Likes

These are cloth. I have Alien Gear Leather etc, but I want to experiment with these.
Just the typical quilted cloth. Couple different camo designs.

2 Likes

It was the response I got that impressed me.
They have a concealed carry jacket I’m considering.

2 Likes

I found this @Bugleboy… is this them?

Sure is. At that price I can afford to play around with them. I don’t expect a lot out of them, but when I’m out on my land in the rough stuff and (someday) summer heat, this might work. I can modify them too. If I mess them up, I’m not out much.
I picked up a nice Ruger break barrel .177 pellet rifle with a nice little scope from my dealer for $40…like brand new. I’m going riesling with it. Cheap fun.
If it’ll ever stop raining. It stopped storming and flooding the other day long enough to snow. Now it’s raining again.

1 Like

Although not quite as inexpensive, I have the Galco Clasic Lite shoulder holster for the CW45. It took a few days for the straps to conform to my body and I had to play around with adjustments both initially and after it set. One big plus for me, is that it seems like the components are interchangeable. I swapped in the 2.75" harness and a double mag carrier and am very pleased with it now… enough that I’m planning on purchasing a similar setup from Galco for a different firearm.

2 Likes

Just a note on the material issue: one of the older James Bond movies shows him removing his rig and it looked like it was a light weight elastic band-like thing. The right shoulder loop had no attachments. The left side held his Walther in a holster. The two loops crossed in an X in the center of his back. So the rig was a figure 8 with a single holster on one side. I can’t remember which movie, but it was definitely Sean Connery in the part.

2 Likes

@AlexV
I did a quick search and found a video of Bond wearing the very cool leather rig. But I also found a scene from Dr No where he first got his PPK, and he was wearing a simple design fabric rig. It looked blue. Does this sound like your scene?
Anyway, you brought me great entertainment looking for that. The PPK, which became synonymous with James Bond was not his pick. He had been carrying a diminutive Beretta which he loved. M had to threaten him to get him to carry it, and even then he tried to steal it back as he left M’s office. M reminded Bond of how the Beretta failed in a confrontation and caused him to spend 6 months in a hospital.
Okay I get it. Some Berettas may not be the best choice. Is it time for my first Walther?
Anyway, that was fun.

1 Like

Bugleboy,

Thanks for the contact.

I do remember a scene where M takes his “little” gun away and forces him to use a company-issue. I seem to recall Bond trying to “palm” that gun back, but getting caught by M before he could leave the office. These are great old movies and I too have a case full of them. I’ll give them another look and see if I can give everyone a more definitive answer regarding the shoulder rig. I was tempted to do just that before posting, but it was late.

Alex

P.S. Walther just came out with a new pair, a PPK and a PPK/S in .25 and .380, if I recall correctly. The only complaint was some sharp edges. It comes in all black or in stainless, with wooden grip panels. Great looking! Also, someone was wanting a 9mm Walther. I saw a CCP (concealed carry pistol?) that was in 9mm. Not sure if that’s old news or a new issue…

1 Like

It’s my understanding that the PPK James Bond shoulder rig was created by the movie staff for the movie.

1 Like

I know the leather one was a custom made rig, don’t know about this one. I saw a video about the leather one. They claimed Kirkpatrick made the closest copy. They are hand made to fit.

2 Likes

…he was wearing a simple design fabric rig. It looked blue. Does this sound like your scene?

Yes, for one. I just had a look and, as you say, about 10 minutes in, Bond turns in his Beretta for a Walther, and he does appear to have a blue cloth shoulder holster rig.

However, about 25 minutes in, Bond is in his hotel room, and when he puts that rig on it seems to have an elastic quality to it. If I’m not wrong, there even seems to be the sound of an elastic-like material.

Anyway, I think we’ve got it covered now. It was fun to see the very first Bond film again (Dr. No) and I may just schedule a marathon for old times sake.

Best,

Alex

3 Likes

Yeeeeeeaaaaah!
The name is Bugleboy.
The Bugleboy.

1 Like

Sean Connery and Sam Elliot.
Two of the best voices in entertainment…and Porky Pppppp Pig.
Foghorn Leghorn I say. I say boy, boy, are ya lisnin’ to me?
Look up Seymore Swine doing Blue Christmas.
It’s not Christmas around here until we hear that BEST rendition.

2 Likes

Hey guys just sitting here, grabbed a guitar and started singing Blue Bayou. I’ve been remembering my time back yonder on the island with my dad, my grandparents and aunts and uncles. Swimming with the porpoises and fishing in the Intracoastal Waterway in the backyard and grabbing a board or skeet board (stolen round stop signs back then) and running two blocks and over the dunes to hit the surf. Great fishing and hunting. Eating marsh hens and ducks Grandaddy would bring in. Roasting bushel after bushel of oysters and feeding everyone on the island. Shrimping, striking for huge flounder. Catching spots (red drum) and yellowtail and helping Grandaddy catch fiddlers for bait for his prized sheepshead. Burnt to a crisp. Sitting in top of Grandmama’s palmettos. Climbing through the live oaks. Heading out in the big water in small boats. Blue crabs. Chunks of stingray wing fried is better than scallops. Night time breeze after the nightly rain cooled the island down. Smelling the marsh and realizing I’m smelling America from way up north all the way to our coast.
It may be true I can’t go home again, but as long as I have my music, it can come to me.
That island is all resort now. That’s like losing a great love of your life. Sometimes one of my boys will get down there. They’ll go find all the special places and send me pictures. They feel the tug too. That’s one of the good things I’ve given them.
I don’t know why I shared all that, but for one bright beautiful time there was this special place I wish I could share with all of you. It was my Blue Bayou.

1 Like