Go to Best Buy, get shot by a gang

The area mentioned is a rather large mall, lots of people, good police coverage as well. Not seedy area at all.
I guess, doesn’t meet definition of a mass shooting.

2 Likes

Is Miami Herald subscription covered by USCCA Plan?
:wink:

1 Like

I think you guessed right. I think there has to be a certain amount of people killed.

1 Like

I don’t think there is a precise definition of mass shooting. FBI doesn’t count victims, DoJ defines it as “any incident in which at least four people are murdered with a gun”, but most organizations, including media treat it as a “minimum of four victims shot, either injured or killed, not including any shooter who may also have been killed or injured in the incident”.

That incident is worth to be followed. I’m really interested to find the truth: if the victim was really a “nice guy, good player and student”… or somebody else, the person who was targeted because of other reasons. :smirk:

1 Like

I am not too interested but that was my first thought.

1 Like

One doesn’t seem to qualify as “mass” anything, in any context

2 Likes

In case the original link shows you pay wall

Four people were shot outside a Best Buy in Broward on Saturday night. One has since died, police say. At around 8 p.m., four people were walking into the parking lot of the Best Buy at 12301 W Sunrise Blvd., when a group approached them, Plantation Police Detective Robert Rettig said. The group then fired a hail of bullets. The victim who died at the hospital was identified Sunday evening by Channel 7 News as 17-year-old Terrance Farrington, an 11th grader at Youth Under Construction, a private school in Pompano Beach. Principal Delvin King said the teen, a running back on the football team, was an energetic student. The Best Buy where the shooting took place is just across the street from the Sawgrass Mills shopping mall. Two people, who police have identified as “targeted individuals,” were struck. The bullets also went through the front glass of the Best Buy, hitting a bystander inside and another outside the business. Investigators are still searching for the unidentified shooters, who fled the parking lot after the ambush, Rettig confirmed Sunday. The three other people shot — including the bystanders — are in stable condition after being taken to local hospitals. Rettig said the targeted victim isn’t cooperating with investigators. “The motive for this shooting is unclear at this time,” Rettig said. Social media user Reynold Chery posted on X, formerly known as Twitter, a series of pictures of at least two people being treated for injuries inside the Best Buy. Anyone with information about the shooting should contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS. This story was originally published January 21, 2024, 1:28 PM.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article284505970.html#storylink=cpy

Not one. 4 people were shot. By a “group” who “fired a hail of bullets”.
OK, not enough shot.

Ah. I don’t tend to click into things.

It probably fits someone’s definition since it’s kind of a mad up term

1 Like

I agree. Yoooths murder 1 and attempt murdering many more at a shopping mall area.