Glock Magazine

Anyone else have any tips or tricks to get the stinking base plate off of a Glock Magazine???

LOL

Thanks. Ray

1 Like

Hello @Raymond, you press the side of the magazine by squeezing near the base plate. Use a punch to depress the follower spring in the hole on the bottom of the base plate and pull/pry the base plate forward while squeezing the sides at the same time.

The also sell a special tool that makes this easier as it applies leverage against the front of the magazine face to pry the base plate off.

Here’s a YouTube demonstration

2 Likes

I have something similar to this:
LIRISY Magazine Disassembly Tool for Glock, Mag Plate Removal Tool, Glock 19 26 27 43 Accessories

2 Likes

Thanks Zee

1 Like

I used to go old school with a small screw driver and some anger. Then I found that little gem. Worth every penny.

3 Likes

That’s the tool I was talking about, otherwise it’s like a midway game of skill/chance the fair.

1 Like

Y’all are making me laugh! Yes, ALL of that.
My hubby just pops those off with a pen and his hands but it’s like a magic trick when he does it. I suppose a thousand repetitions will do that for you, but I need a tool.

Here’s basically the same tool from The Glock Store. Video shows both the punch method and the tool method

1 Like

Definitely c clamps.

1 Like

A punch or small screwdriver and pushing against a counter top or table always worked fine for me.

2 Likes

I can use my fingers but I have some welding clamps by vise grip brand that work well. A bit more pinpoint.

2 Likes