Friday Fun: What Superhero Would You Be?

Most super heroes have a tragedy involved in becoming a hero. I actually like the CW Flash myself.

2 Likes

ā€¦and heā€™s wins for Best Dressed Superhero.

4 Likes

Plastic Man debuted in Police Comics #1 1941, and yes that is from my collection

5 Likes

@Roberto

Want me to make you cry? I had every X Men comic from every permutation of X Teams, from issue 1 to 350 ish, I had the first appearance of Wolverine in Hulk 124 I think. I had joined the Navy and my step mother was clearing the house out as she had divorced my biological sperm donor.

I had duplicates of each comic, one I read, the other I kept bagged and boarded in pristine condition. My step mother knew nothing about comics. She sold the entire collection for $75.00, then she sent me the money for it. I could have cried.

1 Like

OMG - that hurt to read, @Zavier_D. Iā€™m not a comic book nut, but I cannot imagine what that was worth!!

1 Like

I had a couple of old Spider Man comic books that took in water damage in a move 8 1/2 years ago. One of those comics was worth $75.

Just. One.

I shudder to think what that collection was worth.

About $20,000 in 1985.

1 Like

I weep for you, sir.

Oophā€¦ :cry: Thatā€™s painful to read.

Hulk #181 which had the first appearance of Wolverine. Sold for $59,000. That was yesterday. That sound of soft weeping and maybe a few choice words you might hear from down in Alabama. That would probably be me

1 Like

John Wick I guess, if he countsā€¦the man can run any weapons system on earth, excellent hand to hand skills and heā€™s seemingly impossible to killā€¦ Its just too bad heā€™s a professional hit man, but Iā€™m jealous of his skill set!

I have Hulk 181 signed by Stan Lee and herb trimpe

:smiley:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s worth $59,000 or more as of a couple of days ago.

Probably more with the signatures.

I thinkā€¦ Nope I am jealous.

Little known fact. Wolverine was the first to kill the Hulk. It obviously didnā€™t take, but then neither have any of Wolverines deaths

That is information I would rather not know if I were in your shoes. OUCH!:cry:

1 Like