Midwatch discussions

Not sure what the other branches called them but in the Navy standing midwatch was extremely boring, military members + boredom = interesting conversations.

So with all the tension let’s blow off some steam and hear your best pointless arguments.

For example, Is the koolaid man the pitcher or the koolaid.

4 Likes

Ok, my best pointless mid watch conversation was:
Your answer to the question of: Which came first, the chicken or the egg.

1. If you say the Chicken you believe in creationism. :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

2. If you say the egg, you believe in evolution. :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Everyone knows the pitcher is the Kool Aid man. The red stuff in the pitcher is.just his body fluids :rofl::exploding_head::innocent:

I saw this one come to an actual fistfight. Who would win in a fight? Freddy Kreuger or Jason Voorhies? First World Problems. :us_outlying_islands::rofl::innocent:

Feel free to moderate or delete if people decide to come after me with pitchforks and torches.

4 Likes

No brainer. The chicken came first

And of Course Jason over Freddy.

My favorite fight debate was Tinker bell vs Tooth Fairy. That went to some dark places.

3 Likes

Ford vs Chevy
9 vs 45
Pistol vs Revolver

I’m sorry that I just broke the forum. :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

My question is; why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?? :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Mary Ann or Ginger

5 Likes

I’m trying and failing to recall any ST division midwatch discussions that would be suitable for a public forum.

Maybe, “If you could choose any-”

Aw no, that one goes bad right away.

2 Likes

@ERROR_USERNAME oh man the stuff that used to be discussed in the sonar shack would make an Amsterdam window girl blush. I got qualified on the “stack” in 1986, thought about becoming an ST but ended up going HM.

I don’t think I can recall any midwatch conversations that would be suitable for public discussion other than night dreaming about cars, guns, women … see, there it went.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Machinery 2 midwatch would definitely make you question morals. Then go back and have those brainiacs in Maneuvering ready to kill each other over the physics of a made up problem.

1 Like

I’m going to assign you, @Zavier_D, and @Sheepdog556 to make sure this thread stays clean-ish. PG-13 with no vulgar language. You two can be the drill sergeants on this one - wait, no! I want you to be nicer than that! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Our fingers have fingertips but our toes don’t have toetips. Yet we can tiptoe…

3 Likes

@Dawn then clearly there are toe tips. Lol

1 Like

What if God uses evolution to create? :grinning:

5 Likes

That’s actually my philosophy… :innocent:

3 Likes

It’s certainly not my place to tell Him how to do His job.

1 Like

I was in the smoke pit on the pier a few years ago listening to the crustiest nuke chiefs since the dawn of khaki talking about some bizarre theoretical stuff. I listened for a bit and tried to work out whether it was physics or mathematics.

Then I realized it was World of Warcraft.

5 Likes

I don’t think either is exclusive, and I agree with Dawn.

However:

Oh no. I deliberately did not put in a belief in The capital g, capital o, capital d.

Last time I had this come up I was called a godless SOB and thought I was going to get keel hauled. A not fun way to see the ocean and it’s crustaceans.

2 Likes

I’m watching you guys, :eyes: always watching :eyes:

Quote from a movie. Any guesses!

1 Like

Sounds like Monsters Inc… Mike Wazowski! (Yes, I’ve been watching too many movies with my granddaughter lately.)

2 Likes

I knew I wouldn’t get away with that quote as soon as I saw you typing and remembered you had a grand baby.

Fun fact. For the longest time I thought that was @KevinM last name. I’m only admitting that now because

1. travel restriction

2. hoping he doesn’t hold a grudge.

1 Like