Friday Favorite: Summer Past Times

A lot of summer activities have changed this year. No state fairs, no county fairs, and fireworks have been canceled in some places. While those fun activities will be missed, it leaves more time for other activities.

I know I’ll use that extra time for some of my favorite summer past times riding, range time, and family cookouts. What are your favorite summer pastimes?

3 Likes

I can’t do the things that I love anymore. Riding my Ninja, diving, spearfishing, spending weeks out on the boat shrimping, no land in sight. Dauphin Island Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo. Breaking a new horse. So I go shoot alot, and cruise with the top down and the music up. Grill alot to.

3 Likes

I’ve already missed some Spring camping events. No fireworks in July this year, either.

1 Like

Since we’ve moved to Florida, “summer” has taken on an entirely different meaning.

However, I lived in the Milwaukee area most of my life before moving to Florida. The summer activities we always looked forward to –

• Summerfest, Irish Fest, German Fest, Festa Italiana, etc., etc., etc.
  • Brewer Games
  • Zoo A La Cart
  • Sitting around a bonfire in the backyard
4 Likes

I definitely like shooting, fishing and family BBQs. Watch more gun channels on YouTube and of course, you guessed it, be on the USCCA community forum with all my homies and learning about stuff, and welcoming more homies to the family.

1 Like

Summer here for me is pretty much the same as it has been, except now there a way more people! My usual boondock spots for camping and hiking are overrun with people! Where did they all come from! RV sales are through the roof. Nice to see families out enjoying themselves though. Seriously, my usual haunts in the back woods have 3x to 5x what is normally there.

Carp run is about to begin here, so I get a month of bowfishing, yee haw!
Dragging out my ham radio gear for some remote radio contacts.
Riding my new motorcycle is becoming a new thing to do in the summer.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, St. Patrick’s Day was cancelled! This has been going on for so long that I forgot.

1 Like

Camping, riding wheelers, motorcycles, BB Q, fresh tomatoes and veggies from our green house! The mrs built a huge slip and slide with splash pond at the end! now the somewhat ugly…most of our camping is done in parking lots of customer locations while we work…we still make it fun! We have lots of firework mortars on hand for our own fireworks display! Evenings on our deck, eating outside on the deck…enjoying the mrs flowers! Fresh eggs every morning from the chickens!!! AND AND…but WAIT…shooting on our range!!!

1 Like

Markin….you will have to share some pix of you new cycle…quade5 said about St Patty’s day…I remember years ago I was at a St Patty’s day in Butte…what a party!!!

1 Like

oldgnome…did you ever get to meet David Clarke?

SKIdaho - I did not. I saw him in a restaurant once. He and his wife were enjoying a quiet night out. Another couple decided to intrude on their date and asked Sheriff Clarke a lot of questions. He politely answered every one, then went back to his meal. Class act.

1 Like

All cancelled this year :frowning:

2 Likes

I heard and I’m sad.

1 Like

None of which make any sense. Didn’t they say alcohol killed the virus? :thinking:

3 Likes

Hanging by the pool, grillin’ and smokin’, sea doos and boats on the lake in Havasu, going to the beach. Taking road trips and driving around in the corvette top down.

Still lots to do,

1 Like

Pretty much the only season we have here is summer… My dad and I used to fish the flats all the time out near Galveston and in west Matagorda bay. I enjoy and look forward to that any time I get the chance to go. I work a lot, but when I’m off, I like fishing, getting range time in, breaking my truck in the mud, and BBQ. Usually my wife and I take a mini vacation in the summer. I look forward to those because I get to turn off my phones and laptop and get a little peace.

1 Like

We have big family get togethers. Smoking meats, playing in the river, RC boats, competitions out on the range (three gun, obstacle, fun targets, 3d target course with the bows), chasing each other in the mules, drone flying, I enjoy the watching of family partaking in all this.

1 Like

I’ve let my back yard go for near 6,7 years now. (long story) I just invested in a new set of yard tools (another long story…) now if I could just find that new fangled spine and the refrigerator jacket I want…
But hey! I got loads of time, I could do a square foot per day and still make a huge change!

1 Like