Florida Status Pending

Are you aware of what the Florida FDLE is doing when someone buys a firearm from an ffl? The FDLE is placing people in a status known as pending they are not approving or denied the purchase of the firearms. Rather just putting you in a status pending classification with no regulations as to why or how long.

1 Like

Welcome @Andrew43! Can you tell us a little more about this?

2 Likes

Yes… So I have a cwp in Florida. I went to purchase a new hunting rifle this year and I should have been able to buy the rifle and leave that day with it. Instead I was placed in a status pending window for 7 days by the fdle. After discovering that there is a class action lawsuit against fdle for this practice I joined it. I then had to send several emails and make a few phone calls to fdle to get my firearm released. The Florida statues states there is only 3 legal responses approved denied or three day waiting period. If you hold a cwp you have already been vetted by department of agriculture and fdle so you can skip the 3 day waiting period. Fdle is also charging cwp and Leo a 5 dollar fee that they are not supposed to be charging with every firearm purchased. There is also a class action lawsuit going on with that.

1 Like

@Andrew43, I am interested in hearing more about this as well. I live in Florida and bought a handgun on line in March of this year. It was shipped to a local FFL. I have a Florida CWL and the transfer took about 20 minutes.

My nephew lives in Alabama. Firearm purchases always go into a pending status for a couple of days. The only explanation he has been able to get is apparently a known felon has the same name and they check closer to be sure.

Is this a case isolated to you, or do you know others are having the same problems?

Edit: I was typing while you were explaining

3 Likes

I attached a long explanation below. Florida Carry is the organization that is heading up the class action lawsuit against the Fdle I joined it and all of the members of this group can join it as well the 2 lawsuits pertain to the status pending response to applicants seeking to purchase a firearm and the other one is in regards to fdle charging Leo and cwp holders a five dollar fee that we are not supposed to pay. I hope anyone in Florida that is a member of this group joins.

1 Like

Yes there is a class action lawsuit active right now headed up by Florida carry in regards to this matter and the charging of an extra fee that we are not supposed to pay. I am not an attorney but look into it and join the lawsuit. I replied to the thread earlier with a longer explanation. I am an cwp holder x Leo officer and prior military my current job runs back ground checks on me all the time due to the nature of our business. The Fdle initial explanation was that there where gaps in my criminal background that they needed cleared up. Once I filed a formal complaint with the fdle on this matter and told them I joined the class action lawsuit my fire are was released in 2 hours it was ridiculous.

1 Like

Hi all! I started a new topic for this so it doesn’t get lost in the other topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you it’s important all Florida cwp and Leo look into this class action lawsuit against fdle.

2 Likes

Can you provide a link to the class-action lawsuit or additional information?

1 Like
2 Likes

Its hanging up at the state level? I ask because my purchases hang up at the fed level about two thirds of the time. Not sure why, but sometimes it goes right through and most of the time it spends a week in pending further search.

1 Like

Yes at The state level this is what they are doing look into it https://www.fdlelawsuit.com

2 Likes

If you look at the structure of FDLE:

" The head of the department is the Governor and Florida Cabinet (Attorney General, Chief Financial Officer and Commissioner of Agriculture). The Commissioner (Executive Director) is appointed by the Governor, with approval from the Cabinet, and confirmed by the Florida Senate." ( https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/About-Us/About-Us.aspx )"

You will see that FDLE reports to the Commissioner of Agriculture. The current commissioners competitor got my vote last election. Unfortunately not enough of us showed up at the polls to put a pro-2A in this position. I’ve been expecting repercussions from the last election results.

For those not familiar with Florida’s CCW structure, this is it: " Florida is a shall-issue state with concealed weapons permits issued at the state level by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS)."

Food for thought …

1 Like

Always interesting to see how different states handle licensing and inspections for different things. Amusement parks, parks and fairs, including rides from carousels to rollercoasters are all licensed, permitted and inspected by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture. It confused me why they would regulate amusement rides until you look at the long history of state fairs across the state which all focused on agriculture but had the added attraction of fair rides for entertainment.
As a side note, for several years the Commissioner of the Department of Agriculture was a former University of Kentucky basketball star, Rich Farmer. I always found that amusing until he was convicted for violating state finance laws and misappropriating state resources.

2 Likes

That is exactly why people need to realize your local government is equally as important as national candidates. If not I’m some cases more important these are the folk making the rules the people we voted for…

2 Likes

That is absolutely true. Our state and local governments should be more in touch with the needs and concerns of their local constituents.

2 Likes