As soon as there are statistics on the average person we will both know.
Not out of context, you stated
so if the average person cannot afford $600 for a 365, then you are not ready to carry, your words.
Hardly any, my uncle spent over 30 years in law enforcement, friends and family in the Army, Navy, and Marines, and the only time THEY ever really practiced/trained was on their own time, job wise, once a year.
The majority are civilians, you will have a few with prior military experience but not as much as one would believe, my sheriffs department at their last hiring, not one of them had ever held a firearm, told to me by the administrator who did all their paperwork.
I have built AR’s and G19 clones. I would not own a firearm that I could not strip and reassemble
As you should be!(accuracy) Once you learn dot shooting, starting out with NPOA. Before I even put a dot on my pistols I took the sights off of one(G17) and worked on consistent presentation from the holster until I was repeatedly on the target each time. I used live fire but the same can be accomplished with a SIRT or Mantis Lazer Training kit.
Slower can become quicker depending on holster placement, yesterday I timed myself from strong side IWB vs AIWB, AIWB, after 20 minutes shaved .2 off my time to target using AIWB
Rugers seem like a good quality to me as well. I know Beretta plans to purchase Ruger but it’s still likely to remain just as versatile, got two myself.
Like others have shared, safe handling is key, live the rules, especially treating em as though loaded, know if something’s chambered or not, there’s nothing wrong with having a safety lever or going un-chambered until you are ready.
Get liability insurance; Doctors, lawyers, therapists, professionals, car drivers do.
Would actually love that move. I live very close to the Beretta USA factory!
I’m looking to be as newbie safe with things as possible. I will 100% start with un-chambered as well. I have two young kids, so the paranoia is already strong. Doing my research and staying diligent.
I have all the insurance needed including the USCCA one. I understand this is serious and not just some toy as others said.
You’re off to a good start. First time I carried at home, I had the safety on. When I received my permit, I carried where legal with safety on. It probably took me a couple years to reach a level of confidence with safety off. Now, I own a HK with no safety other than my finger off the trigger.
Get yourself also a gun safe like Stopbox to secure your pistol since you have two kids.
military special ops not the average military service man of any branch I’ve been in classes with law enforcement instructors and observed police qualifications per the instructor and my observation most avid shooters (civilian) shoot more acurately and with better times my original post refererd to special ops retirees for referance
your also using 1 example from 1 department my son a WO2 with the rangers SP5 out of fort cambell KY now on deployment tells a totally different story about how much the shoot and wepons used take it for what it’s worth
Went in for a G43 one day. Ended up with a .308 RPR….yeah, real similar
In for a dpms another time, then saw the M1a scout next to it..no regrets, after bedding, stock swap from plastic to walnut,and proper torque lol.
Sucker for laminate stocks as well which has accounted for a few unexpected additions to the family.
As for Glocks, have the 19 and 43, the 48 looks like a good choice if you’re in a 10 round state. 43 with a +2 mag looks like the 43x, while offering that short grip that helps keep it very well concealed if using standard mag. Built 5 P80’s as well, Glock gen 3 guts in them, very easy to work on and a wide variety of aftermarket parts.
Welcome to the Forum! My Sig Sauer 365 9mm with a safety is my EDC for a number of reasons: I’m 5’-7’’ @ 150 lbs also with smaller paws, so the frame of this firearm fits well. The recoil is manageable and the “print” during concealed carry is minimal. I also carry a Glock 44, .380 with equally comfortable carry and shooting. My impression is that you may be a newer shooter; with that, you may wish to consider a firearm with a safety and also the take-away that your edc of the day may require a variety of gun choices based on weather, clothing choice and holster/bag selections. Hoping your safe firearms journey is rewarding!