Firearms Face-Off: Glock 43 vs Sig 365

Here is a link to the post and pictures of my Glock 43 Conversion.

1 Like

We just bought the G43 for my granddaughter - super accurate for her even though shes a very new shooter. Even though shes little, she wants the extended mag for the grip fit. Plus capacity, of course. There are +1 through +4 mag bases available, including half a dozen colors.
No experience with the sig, so I can’t compare, but the G43 is pretty sweet.

3 Likes

I have the Strike Industries +2 Also. It really improved my gun. I like it.

3 Likes

@Jon_Owen we looked at a bunch of different ones… what makes that one your choice?
And welcome!

I have the same 2 round extension for my 43. Makes the weapon soooo much easier to handle and stabilize. Love it.

1 Like

I think we’re going with a +3 base in pink or lavender. Because, yes the granddaughters G43 is pink. Ok, “rose gold” actually. There are just a bunch of options so we were waffling over which one.

1 Like

@Zee, the Strike Industries slides on the same way that the original Glock bottom piece comes off. Other companies talk about how their extensions either screw on or when they slide on they actually remove the small nub that retains the Glock bottom piece making it impossible to put it back to the original configuration if you wanted to. This one is the most compatible with the Glock magazines.

1 Like

Cool, that’s important to know thank you @NJStraightShooter!

1 Like

A few months late for the debate here lol. I’m going with the Sig P365 and not just because I own and carry one. I own and carry one for a reason. Before deciding to go with the Sig I held and shot several different choices. Of which one of those was the Glock G43. Although I am not.a fan of Glocks don’t get me wrong there is nothing wrong with them. I just don’t like how they feel or fit in my hand. I also didn’t shoot the G43 as well as I did the P365. The sights out of the box on the P365 are way better than the standard sights on any Glock. I liked the action and crispness of the P365’s trigger over the G43. Just because I chose to go with a Sig over a Glock doesn’t mean anyone else has or needs to. Just as my fiance prefers his Colt 1911 over my Sig. That’s the great thing about this we don’t have to like what everyone else does and there are so many choices for us to choose.

2 Likes

Better is the one that fits your hand the best and you shoot the best, neither of them is on my “wish list” but they are both solid reliable firearms.

My recommendation would be to go to a range that will loan or rent you some to try.

I’m not a fan of the micro compact unless they have a grip extension or full sized grip. They can be very difficult to control.

If you want a compact let me suggest giving the XD or XDM compact with the 3.3 or 3.5" barrel and the extended mag with the mag extension.

2 Likes

I’ve got the P365 and a Glock 26. So both have about the same capacity but the P365 seems easier to get shots on target due to the ergonomics. With the Glock 26 I need to put a lot more focus on my grip to get them on target. That may not apply to the Glock 43 but I would never choose a gun with that much less capacity than the Sig P365. Love the Glock reliability so the 26 gets carried at times but other than some of the early P365’s I think they are also very reliable.

1 Like

Have fired both my wife’s carry is a 43 and she loves it…I am also an avid Glock guy and carry a 23 regularly…both are great just preferred the 365 over the 43 due to capacity, trigger, night sights.

2 Likes

I love my Glock 43.

1 Like

I was intrigued by the P365, but I heard of too many issues the first months after it’s release. Job one is reliability. Also, I have had a G 27 since the ‘90s so am familiar with how Glocks function and feel. So, I chose a G43.

1 Like

1 Like

I carry a P365 everyday where it’s legal and it fits perfect for my body type. It’s easy to conceal( most time I carry appendix or in a belly band) and feels great in my hand. Very reliable.

1 Like

I own both @Sheepdog556 and would take the Glock every day and twice on Sunday. There are different likes and views and mine happens to be that the 43 is far superior. Better trigger for me, very reliable and it fits my hand perfect with a 2 round extension magazine.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday, @TX_M!

2 Likes

I have the G43, shoot it fairly well. It has been 100% reliable for me. I use Taran Tactical extensions, so there is a +1 on the mag while carrying and the spare mag has a +3. 7+1 loaded and 9 in the spare is enough for me most of the time. (My other carry is a G26 10+1 and 17 spare).

If the P365 was out (and after it’s initial growing pains) when i was shopping for a slimmer alternative to the G26 I would have picked up the P365 instead. I may still pick one up one day. People throw around the term “game-changer” a lot, but I really think it applies to the P365. Double stack capacity in single-stack size is borderline magic.

1 Like

Personally for me I didn’t like how the G43 felt in my hand. P365 felt great, why I went wit it. Ironically, my other carry is a G45.

1 Like