Firearms Called Out in Your Employee Handbook

A lot of employers specifically mention firearms and/or carrying a firearm at work. Some handbooks don’t mention them at all and the company has an unspoken agreement to not talk about them. Others don’t mention guns in the handbook, but you definitely know that the company either supports or doesn’t support firearms in the workplace.

What does your employee handbook say about firearms?

5 Likes

Specifically states not allowed on any campuses owned or operated by the corporation. Bummer.

5 Likes

No weapons of any kind on the property or on the train ride.

5 Likes

Not allowed on person, allowed to be secured in vehicles.

5 Likes

They change the rules so often where I work, they stopped giving us handbooks. And I’m not just saying that to be funny. I’ll say this, we have the “ No gun Zone” sticker on the doors, they don’t want us carrying a pocket knife, and the company is based in Deerfield Illinois. The same Deerfield that tried to ban “Assault Weapons” and got defeated by the State Supreme Court.

5 Likes

Retired 1/1/2016

6 Likes

I’m green with envy.

5 Likes

Awww, well see gives you something to look forward to My Buddy

3 Likes

In 2007 my previous place of employment (large retailer) was robbed at gun point by three masked…mutants! Hostages taken, pistol whipping injured associates, scared children etc. I’m wiser for the experience.
One year later I acquired my CCW, I carried every day in that store. I dug extremely deep to find rules on guns, it surely wasn’t in the employee manual when you get hired. The company did not allow on-site carry. Buried deep in the code of conduct. One line. No firearms on premises.
However when I started to study the lifestyle of concealed carry life, I changed my appearance and clothing and carried 24/7 and continued for for 7 years. Great practice. Concealed means concealed.
Currently at new job boss and I are on same page! I will never be without my sidearm. Ever!
Jobs are a dime a dozen and don’t mean squat when you look into the eyes of a scared child.
In my opinion if you’re eligible and trained carry, carry, carry. The world around us is unexpectedly nuts.

5 Likes

Self employed! My handbook says I can do whatever I want!

14 Likes

@MikeBKY. Be careful and keep being friendly with the Boss

6 Likes

I don’t know. He can be a real Ahole!

8 Likes

Hey my friend Don’t let them hear your whispers in the hallway

3 Likes

We are encouraged to carry where I work. Except the occasional gun free zone I have to install at…

3 Likes

My company mentions firearms and knives in the handbook, effectively, the campus and the parking lot are a gun free zone. They also declare they can search my workspace, or request to search my pockets. Very progressive, high on the Forbes list of best places to work for various intersectional groups :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It always pays to read he employee handbook varies by business. Of course be familiar with state law. Many states allow you to have weapons secured in your cars in spite of employers wishes.

I have a small rebuilding firm for auto parts. I specifically allow employees to have handguns at work. Of course, I largely hire women from a local shelter so it is a matter of their safety dealing with violent ex’s.

4 Likes

I’m the Boss :point_up:
gunsallowed

10 Likes

They are expressly forbidden on the campus. These jokers have even made the entire campus a “smoke-free” zone. Liberal leadership at the top that preach tolerance but well yall know the rest…

4 Likes

Not allowed at all.

3 Likes

Handbook states immediate termination for even having one in your vehicle on the property. State law says: felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

3 Likes