Firearm training for women only

Today was the first firearms training for women only. It was held at the Riverside County Sheriff’s firing range in California. Currently we have over a hundred requests to attend the second class in January.

4 Likes

I did training there in 1984!

2 Likes

My fire arms mentor is a gal that works with R. Make no mistake about it, some of these women are straight up Bad Ass with a fire arm…

3 Likes

As a man or a woman? :rofl:

5 Likes

More power to the women. If it reduces the anxiety from a coed class, that’s great!

2 Likes

Besides their homes, where will these ladies be allowed to carry for their protection over there in CA?

3 Likes

Well, No dresses were involved so,… a man!

4 Likes

The sheriff is very pro 2nd amendment. He is issuing concealed weapons permits especially to those that go through this program and passing the background.

3 Likes

Wow. That’s awesome @Ray65! Maybe he can convince his fellow sheriffs in other counties to follow his lead?

3 Likes

I’ve got a sold out womens only class on Sunday. They’re really good students.

3 Likes

Most folks don’t realize that the vast majority of counties in CA do issue. Unfortunately not the ones where most the people live in CA. Though even that has started changing recently.

2 Likes

Wow, I stand corrected, I think. I was under the impression that a lot of the terribly oppressive laws were State Laws. I’ve got to do some studying on this one.

1 Like

CA has plenty of repressive State laws designed to criminalize law abiding citizens who want to practice their 2A rights. This one has gotten less effective as some more Sheriffs in high population counties have shifted their stance and are now issuing more permits. It is still left up to the whims of the Sheriff though which is a dangerous precedent leading to a corrupt system in several counties where only rich and/or famous individuals who contribute significant amounts of cash to the Sheriff’s re-election fund can actually get a permit.

3 Likes

It’s not the first my area did it back in the 60s and 70s for all the local girls to attend for free if they or their husband wasn’t a felon. I think local law enforcement should think about doing firearms training for youth and women after doing a quick background check on them to ensure they have no narco economic ties. I think it would be eye opening for many and would help improve a lot of peoples ability to defend themselves and maybe stop carrying a snub nosed revolvers or old heavy recoiling pocket pistols and get a more comfortable to shoot gun. My mom has gone to the range with a couple of her friends and couple friends and has changed their views on what to carry or use in a defensive situation because my moms gun felt better than what they were given or were using.

How do suppose they are with a firearm?

I am an instructor, and I have a pretty full schedule (handguns and rifles for the most part). I have found that women are by far - for the most part - better students. Primarily because they are better listeners.

1 Like

Agree with you 100%

And less likely to arrive with opinions that are wrong headed!