Favorite holster/system

JM Custom Kydex IWB

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

I have had…way too many holsters over the years.

2 Likes

I tried several, but ever since my wife got me a DeSantis Gunhide M89 IWB for Christmas a year ago that’s what I use now. It’s so comfortable that I sometimes forget I still carry a few hours after I get home.

2 Likes

Welcome ! I am using a Werkz custom IWB with a Sticky Comfort pad for my P365 X-Macro comp with a Holosun 507 and an Olight Baldr S laser/light combo. Absolutely comfortable, I forget I am carrying at all. YMMV, everyone is built differently. I’m about 175 lbs and 5’10” or so, also I tend to carry strong side rather than appendix. Finding the right holster system can be a bear, but the rewards are worth the effort!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, JLC!

2 Likes

@Peter196 Welcome to the community, and Sigs are my favorite as well.

3 Likes

@Ronald150 Thanks man! Appreciate it. Also just got the new Wilson Combat x-macro grip assembly…… really, really good…. :metal:

3 Likes

As a rather new CCW holder, I now understand why people buy so many holsters. At no. 5, I think I have found one that I am comfortable with. It’s an Aggressive Concealment, AIWB, for S&W Shield, which solved printing problem, and is comfortable. I’m sold on the claw. I like my CYA for my G26, and a claw doesn’t seem to be needed for that one.

5 Likes

Welcome and same for you Stan

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Stan32

2 Likes

I can imagine, I’m less than a year into handguns, I’ve only got two so far. I’ve got eight holsters. Less than a year. I’m getting two more handguns, at least that’s the plan. I can imagine I’ll have a box full before too long. I didn’t get it at first people talking about having a ton of holsters. I fng get it now

4 Likes

The best way to get rid of too many holsters is to get rid of too many handguns.

A 2024-01-10 20-46-40

4 Likes

Or, buy more guns to fill the holsters
IMG_1806

7 Likes

I have many types of holsters, including inside the waste, small of the back and shoulder holsters, but for everyday carry, I use a fanny pack with built in holster. I live in a college town, and everyone carries one, so it doesn’t stick out. Why it is my preferred holster for everyday carry, is it is so easy to use. Instead of having to put on a shoulder holster and then a jacket, I can simply snap the fanny pack on and be on my way.

Every holster has a purpose, so the fanny pack is not ideal for EVERY situation, but it can be a good option. Of note, there are fanny packs out there with molle webbing, but to me this sticks out too much as “military” in this college town setting. I found one that was made of leather, that blends in more easily here.

4 Likes

@Stan32 Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

@ScottGaran Welcome to the community, and stay safe, situational awareness, head on a swivel. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @ScottGaran

1 Like

Thank you. It’s good to be here!

1 Like

Before you’re on your way let me welcome you to the community

Thank you!

1 Like