Favorite "Good Guy" movie quote

The Patriot:

“Lord, make me fast and accurate.”

“Aim small, miss small.”

Saving Private Ryan:

“Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness and my fortress… my high tower and my Deliverer. My shield, and he in whom I trust.”
[Fires rifle, then to his rifle] “Here you go baby.”

1 Like

V for Vendetta has a bunch of my favorite quotes:

“People shouldn’t be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.”

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea… and ideas are bulletproof.”

“My mother said I broke her heart…but it was my integrity that was important. Is that so selfish? It sells for so little, but it’s all we have left in this place. It is the very last inch of us…but within that inch we are free.”

“Since mankind’s dawn, a handful of oppressors have accepted the responsibility over our lives that we should have accepted for ourselves. By doing so, they took our power. By doing nothing, we gave it away. We’ve seen where their way leads, through camps and wars, towards the slaughterhouse.”

“Our masters have not heard the people’s voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember.”

2 Likes

I’ll paraphrase liberally. My kids say this is the way I’m perceived…until I grew older and wiser a n d got reborn:
Have you ever met someone you realize you really shouldn’t have messed with?

And Josie Wales
I reckon so. Spit

3 Likes

Western:

1. Rooster Cogburn
  2. The Magnificent 7 (1960)
  3. Silverado

Comedy:
Animal House

Drama:
The Equalizer I & II

Action:
All James Bond movies. (Except Roger Moore)

2 Likes

Quigley Down Under (1990)
Matthew Quigley “Bout there’ll do.”

Matthew Quigley “Said I didn’t have much use for 'em, never said I didn’t know how to use 'em.”

3 Likes

“…”

John Wick

2 Likes

Yes I agree long live the duke

1 Like