Favorite "Good Guy" movie quote

Sargent York with Gray Cooper is a solid movie too.

1 Like

Can’t believe I haven’t seen this one in here yet:

“Yippee-ki-yay, m***** f*****!”

Regards.

3 Likes

One of my very favorite movies EVER! I come from a long line of warrior Scots… blue paint and all.
Welcome to the group @kidiraq :slightly_smiling_face:

:joy: YES!

1 Like

My favorite movie of all time! Always say Scotland is my favorite country, that I haven’t been to yet. :pensive:

1 Like

“Bond… James Bond”

bond

1 Like

I’m curious about what my fellow USCCA 2A family thinks or knows about this, Mr. Earp. I absolutely love the movie Tombstone. I definitely favor Val’s performance of Doc more then any others. I was always inthralled with the pure grit Mr. Earp seemed to possess. However, history’s truth seems to be all over the place now that I’m older and pay attention a bit more. Case in point and question, was Mr. Earp the super cowboy hero I always believed him to be growing up, or was he actually a polarized sheriff treading on 2A rights?!?..and Go lol

1 Like

Oooohh. Good question! I vote polarizing Sheriff Deputy, Virgil was the Sheriff. Many “cow towns” used checking your guns as a way to curb violence. I wonder how men like Earp would have responded to the Heller decision? Would they have honored the Constitutional right of the individual? Did modern ways of tracking felons through fingerprints, facial recognition etc, make such laws as “no guns in town” obsolete? Did modernization of Police training take its cue from “Frontier law” or did it show the deficiencies of “The Marshall.”?

2 Likes

“My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”

"Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. "

“We’ll never survive!”
" Nonsense. You’re only saying that because no one ever has. "

Regards.

2 Likes

I love it and thank you for the correction! The questions you ask have my head spinning with thought even more on the subject now lol! I like it! Didn’t mean to rain on anyone’s Tombstone party, just sincerely intrigued by the subject! Great input and response!

2 Likes

Firefly! I have the full series. Too bad it was just one season.

1 Like

Captain Mal had some great lines. It is too bad the network (Fox) did every bad thing they could to make the series fail. They showed the episodes out of order and didn’t even show the full season for the one season “Firefly” got.
On a side note, Mal’s gun is made out of a Rossi revolver and Zoe’s gun is supposed to be the exact gun Steve McQueen carried in “Wanted, Dead or Alive”.

1 Like

“This is my safety, sir.”

1 Like

And one of my tip-top favorites from Firefly:

“I might have fought on the losing side; still not sure it was the wrong side.”

Regards.

1 Like

“A man’s got to know his limitations” - Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry

2 Likes

“One shall stand, one shall fall.” Optimus-Prime

3 Likes

Your question had me thinking about how we have sensationalized the “Old West.” Granted, outside of town, many people carried guns for defense. That included The desperados. A blanket policy of no guns, was what these towns thought would stop that. Gun control didn’t really work then, just like it doesn’t now.

1 Like

“There can be only one.”

And here’s a really obscure one…

Sheriff:“You had to shoot him, but did you have to cut him in half?”
H. C.: “The halves match, don’t they?”

Regards

6 Likes

Completely agree! It’s one of those situations where the truth is much less glamorous then childhood ideologies!

2 Likes

Black Hawk Down

1 Like

Well, if we’re doing war movies, “Please Lord, just one more”.

1 Like