Favorite "Good Guy" movie quote

@Dawn did ya see tombstone yet?? I hadn’t seen a mention of ya watching it.

1 Like

I did see it a bit after we were talking about it here. I missed the beginning of it and it was on regular TV so I’m sure parts were edited. I enjoyed it and want to see the whole thing unedited now!

3 Likes

Also if you haven’t seen “Silverado” be sure and put it on your list. It’s even pretty kid friendly.

1 Like

Haven’t seen that one either… I need a full week of movie watching to see all of these!

1 Like

I think we need to tie Dawn to a chair, tape her eyelids open and give her a caffeine I V for the whole week so she can get the movie education she needs! (Yes I am joking…I think.)

4 Likes

“Not the gravy!”

2 Likes

We’re Airborne, We’re supposed to be surrounded.

Actual quote of Cpt Winters on the eve of the battle of the bulge.

And of course, “Nuts!”, in response to the Germans offering surrender terms at Bastogne.

2 Likes

Add, “The Sacketts”, and Conagher.

1 Like

A few espressos should do the trick. But who would moderate the Community while I’m watching all of those movies?

3 Likes

We (your educators) would have your back

Thanks,

Don

4 Likes

@DBrogue is right… consider your six officially covered. :ear: :eyes: :muscle:

3 Likes

” I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn’t know how to use it.”

• Quigley Down Under
7 Likes

Why Jonny Ringo, you look like someone just walked on your grave.

Tombstone.

4 Likes

Ah yes, Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday. Best.Casting.Ever. BEST.

3 Likes

“Now, I don’t want to shoot you and you don’t want to get shot…”

Can’t remember where that comes from.C

Regards.

1 Like

Hey, Dawn; if you haven’t seen it, add THE SEARCHERS to your list. The original 1956 version with John Wayne. Also HIGH NOON with Gary Cooper.

Regards

2 Likes

I did a quick search because that sounded familiar and I really wanted to know what it was from. I think it’s actually this:

“Now I Don’t Want to Kill You, and You Don’t Want to be Dead.”

From Silverado

Is that the one you’re thinking of, @David38?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the one! Danny Glover’s character I think.
Great movie, by the way.

2 Likes

“Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while that you shouldn’t have frigged with?”
(Spits)
“That’s me”

Gran Torino

2 Likes

Not a movie, but an audio book…
"I’ve got a 30-30 in there that’ll roll you up like a cigarette paper. I’m gonna go get 'er if you dont stop pestering me."
:laughing:
From the “Black Mask” collection of hard boiled detective stories, Particularly story is “Let the Dead Alone”.