Father of 14 yo child beaten to death

Trying to wrap my mind around this story… The title is somewhat misleading. The father wasnt doing anything but having a conversation to solve a conflict between young teens.
There is a certain category of folks, when they go “Come here!” - dont answer. You dont owe them a conversation, doesnt matter what subject, you dont need to treat them with respect, let the cops do all that.

2 Likes

Title seems pretty accurate to me, well, kind of, it was his fiance’s son.

You say he was not doing anything but have a conversation seems to be so…I don’t see any details at all though other than 4-5 people, teens and at least two adults, all males, showed up at his house and beat him to death.

Did the article have any usable facts other than a posse of teen/men showed up at his house looking to fight the 14 year old in his family and settled on beating him to death instead?

Spilled over from school, and not saying if they know who did it or made any arrests? huh

edited to add italicized words to make post make more sense

This is from a local news article

“Chris came out to tell them, like, he’s not coming out here to fight, and they threatened at one point to come in and get him, and then they said, ‘If he’s not going to fight, then you’re going to fight,’” Karopchinsky told 11 News.

It appears that a posse as you put it, showed up at his door, and demanded to give up his 14 yo kid - to lynch the child. It appears the father engaged in a face-to-face conversation with the posse, a mistake that cost him his life .

It also seems that the incident was captured on video, and that the police have a primary suspect. Why the names of adults were not announced, the video was not released, and no arrests are made is a mistery.

2 Likes

Let me guess, Cali? Why did this guy go outside at all? Offload to the police and stand back from the door. If/when the thugs kick in the door you have reasonable belief of death or great bodily harm. Mow’m down….

1 Like

Maryland, and yes, exactly this. “When called by Panther, dont enter!”, as Mas Ayub puts it.
There were further details, apparently this man’s life was taken over $30 dispute.

1 Like

:point_up_2:t4: This :point_up_2:t4:

3 Likes

Maryland, one of the “bedroom” states adjacent to Washington, DC, has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, and Baltimore schools have one of the lowest graduation and literacy rates in the nation. Funny how the cesspool effects of the DC Swamp spill over, isn’t it?

3 Likes