Everyday Carry List

@Dawneu3qz7
Tactical dog holster

6 Likes

I carry a 1911, 3 spare mags, a folding karambit, leatherman… when I’m with my family…
at work I carry a cz p-09, 2 spare mags, leatherman, pistol armies tool, my karambit, and a flashlight.
When I go to the gym i carry a Springfield xds 9mm with 2 spares and my krambit… did 6 yrs MMA aswell so I definitely agree that kit changes due to circumstances… but I also keep a body armor kit in my vehicle usually just in case…

4 Likes

Awesome, that’s a great addition

3 Likes

That’s AWESOME, @Tankrachet86! Granted my puppy is only 11 weeks and would pee all over me if I carried him like that now. Give me a couple of months to train him! :smile:

4 Likes

My USCCA card! I also have my P938. We have constitutional carry but I always carry my CC card anyway and ID. If I do have to use my weapon I want to make sure I can make it as easy on my defense attorney as possible.

4 Likes

I just added a Viridian C5-L light and laser combo to my pistol. Which also meant I needed a new holster because the C5-L uses the enhanced combat readiness system. Galco King Tuk fit the bill there. The pistol is a Grey Man from Lone Wolf. Basically a bunch of new parts I added to a Glock 19 frame to create the Grey Man pistol. You can see the parts list on the Lone Wolf web page. I also carry a handheld light. I have a couple different ones but have really fallen for the Kel-Tec light. Spare mag only sometimes… it keeps banging on the arm of the chair.

6 Likes

Kevin have you looked a a in the pocket mag carrier?? Literally looks like a pocket knife clip… might be a good fit for you

3 Likes

Kevin’s Into the Fray from yesterday is about EDC gear:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/you-need-edc-first-aid-gear/?j=14803&sfmc_sub=2991030&l=15_HTML&u=275274&mid=7295358&jb=214

4 Likes

I desperately need to get me a trauma kit. And know how to treat GSWs… actually I need to go through another first aid course I’m so rusty.

3 Likes

I actually built my own kit for my day pack… has everything to keep someone alive long enough for medics to get there…

3 Likes

Always have your USCCA membership card with you with the critical response number available :wink:

4 Likes

Great point - I know a lot of members have the USCCA number (877-677-1919) programmed into their phones. And remember, a family member or close friend can call the USCCA for you to let us know you’ve had a self-defense incident. They’ll need to be able to give your details (address, phone number, and a few other details), so they’ll have to be a pretty close friend/family member.

4 Likes

There are a lot of first aid classes out there, Luke! Definitely take a good one. I do the Red Cross first aid training with CPR and AED. … Actually, I think my renewal is coming up soon.

The USCCA does offer a great book on treating gunshots:
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/product/dvds-the-guide-to-treating-gunshot-wounds-dvd-companion-guide-usccaefa1/

The Red Cross doesn’t train for gunshot wounds specifically in their classes.

3 Likes

Great info Dawn, all very important stuff

4 Likes

@Tankrachet86 what’d you use to build your own trauma kit?
Thanks @Dawn. I’ll take a look into them soon enough. Just gotta find more time unfortunately (I wish I didn’t have to postpone it until I have more time).

3 Likes

4 tourniquets, medical tapes -.5 in, 1 in, 2 in, Israelie bandages, food grade cling wrap, quick clot, self adhesive tapes, multiple gaus, regular bandages, and ointments for burns and disinfectants

3 Likes

Thanks man. I’m gonna write that down and work on collecting all that. How do you store it though? In a big ziplock, in a backpack that you carry with you in your vehicle, or some other way that I can’t think of atm, @Tankrachet86?

3 Likes

I have a buttock that’s about the size of a large shaving kit, it molle straps on to my day pack if way it…

3 Likes

So you stick it in your pants or attach it to your day pack via MOLLE straps? Did I understand that correctly (I don’t think I did)?

3 Likes

Attach to my pack via molle

4 Likes