Ever put a slide on crooked?

Have you ever put a slide on crooked? I know it sounds silly, but I got overly confident and put the slide on a too quick and got the slide jammed in a really weird way. I had to smack it with my palm some to get it loose (not saying this is the correct way). I think I smudged some polymer when I did it :upside_down_face:, BUT the gun has been %100 functional since!

Has anyone else done this? Just curious.

No. Iā€™m very deliberate about it.

Was it a Glock? :wink:

3 Likes

Nah, he likes M&Ps too much.

3 Likes

They can go on either wayšŸ˜‰

6 Likes

Hey I like to get reliability for $100 less than a Glock with steal sights :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

yeah, been there, done that. Sometimes the fix is easy, sometimes itā€™s a ā€œyoudumassā€ moment. Worst slide issue I had was on a ceracoted P80 G21 clone. Even putting the slide on properly meant using a mallet to get it off. Ended up grinding the rails a bit, lots of scotch brite and a wetstoneā€¦finally got her to run, and now Iā€™ve got the first mag or two with back-to -battery issues, fixed with a tap of the thumb, then sheā€™s warmed up and fine.
Got a few glocks, and 5 P80ā€™s among a few other pistols. Bought a .45 M&P 2.0C, 'cuz it was cheap, and to be honest, if Iā€™d bought an M&P first, Iā€™d have more of them. Good gun, only thing I donā€™t like is the angled slide, as itā€™s hard to use my sight tool onā€¦and that front sightā€¦I think itā€™s welded on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Glad Iā€™m not alone :joy:.

The M&P sights are a pain. I just pay my local gunsmith since Iā€™d rather hand him $40 than cuss and damage my sights trying to get them perfectly aligned :joy:.

2 Likes

I seem to have a preference to drive myself nuts doing projects I perhaps would have been better off handing to others. OTOH, just dealt with a paint crew who took 6 weeks to do a 10 day job, and only did half of it before I let them know time was upā€¦and then thereā€™s that blissful feeling of ā€œunscrewing upā€ a project :rofl:

1 Like