Empty Holster – Shots Fired!

Got it! I don’t use my phone in public!
But if I see a shooting, nah, I still won’t grab it!
I’ll either be shooting back, reloading or fleeing for my life, without the cannoli!

5 Likes

Sitting on the balcony in the evening time and bangs are heard, MRS. says, “Is that gun fire?” I reply, " Yeah but don’t worry till you hear a snap. Thats will mean they are shooting at you!" That didn’t help!

6 Likes

Happy birthday brother @Todd30 and God bless you.

1 Like

When I hear gunfire (which is rare in my neighborhood), I’m alert but don’t show my reaction until my wife asks if it was indeed the sound of gunfire.
Since a kid was murdered by a felon about a quarter of a mile from our house, she’s paying more attention now.

Happy birthday :tada:

5 Likes

Happy birthday :birthday::champagne:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday @Todd30 !!!

2 Likes

Good call.

2 Likes

Seems no matter how many times we hear about these mistakes, people refuse to learn. Maybe they still think they are invincible and “it” wouldn’t happen to me syndrome?

3 Likes

Sir, you are credit to our community. Well done. Only thing I would think about (particularly with family and close friends) is to next tell them ahead of the time…why you want to seat with view of the front door, why you never want your back to the entrance, why if s&^* goes down to move away from X and from you especially. Because you are the one with the FA and hopefully the only target.

8 Likes

:innocent: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Your first mistake was leaving your firearm in your car. I carry in bars and restaurants all the time. It’s that “concealed” thing that works in your favor. IMHO it’s always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

4 Likes

@Russ , I am glad you made me look it up, it is a second degree misdemeanor in Florida. The fine is 60 days jail time (max), 6 months probation, and $500.

I had in my mind that it would mean loss of Concealed Weapon or Firearm License, but instead, it is only 6 months as well as loss of ownership of what you currently have-this is not legal advice, just what I have pulled out of the statutes.

5 Likes

This is all part of my situational awareness training. I always look for the table in a restaurant where I can see all entrances/exits and never to be seated in the bar section. Normally that area is a little more confined and doesn’t have the best view of important areas.

5 Likes

If you have firearms liability “insurance” be sure you know the rules on whether you are actually covered if you are carrying in a no-gun area. I do not know about the others, but I do know ACLDN specifically states if you are involved in an incident while carrying in a no-gun area they will not support you for that incident. You will have to check on the policies of USCCA, CCWSafe, US Law Shield, FIrearms Legal Protection, or whoever you have.

5 Likes

Sounds like you did exactly the right thing!
And your response to the question was spot on!

6 Likes

USCCA insurance doesn’t depend on whether or not a justified shooting it was in a gun free zone or not but whether or not you are found innocent or not.

1 Like

going out of a building when rounds are fired is bad,there could be some to whom it may concern flying around

4 Likes

A Mexican Restaurant down the street from me that I go to has a sign at the register that says the no weapons allowed unless you have a CCL,so every where i go I am concealed and even carry at my house,and on the bed side table when sleeping

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Milan3 and God bless you.

1 Like

Are you sure?

Judge dismisses Kayla Giles’ claims against insurance company over self-defense policy money

Kayla Giles Federal Suit Against USCCA & Co. Dismissed: What’s Correct Take-Away Lesson?

2 Likes