Edc knife for self-defense

I carry a 110 during deer season. Why mess with what has been proven to work.

5 Likes

I carry an A/O, SOG knife clipped inside both Left and Right front pockets.
Why?
In case somehow, my situational awareness permitted someone to put me in a blind rear choje hold.
If that happened, grab a knife, flip open, start slashing their forearms. They’ll let go and lose grip pretty much about sane time.

More manly? Not by something that can be bought, no.
Utility? Yeh, constantly need a blade to open packaging of various types,usually from Prime.

Formal training? Nope. However, I’m well aware of how to wield and slice for desired effect. More likely to draw my 45…

5 Likes

Very good points Bugleboy. I like the input.
I personally always have a knife on me because it’s just what Dad taught. And I’m not talking “box cutters” here. It’s more for a tool. I wear Cowboy Boots everywhere, all the time, and there is a small Benchmade in one. As well as one in my pants pocket… Like I said, mostly a tool. But then again, if I need them in a pinch for something else there accessible. I personally am blown away by a person who doesn’t have a knife. I.E. , when a co-worker uses his Keys to open a package… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Read / Download / Search / the book titled “Knife Fighting Techniques From Folsom Prison”. It’s good.
Then train…

3 Likes

Now that’s funny.

2 Likes

Qapla!
SwordOfBeTaj
GroupA01

3 Likes

In response to your second question the answer is “YES”, I have been formally trained in knife fighting, stick fighting and hand-to-hand combat. I carry a Bear Ops automatic open knife.
The first thing to remember when in a knife fight- bring a gun. Second, you’re gonna get cut.
The best way to win in any fight is to walk away, that way no one gets hurt.

4 Likes

2 people are out of character…can you spot 'em?

2 Likes

If you see a smiling Klingon, run…

4 Likes

Nobody puts baby in a corner, or messes with the Duras sisters.

2 Likes

I always thought that the Buck 110 was standard issue when I was in the Navy. Right! It still is and always will be attached to my hip! The only time it’s detached is airport and courthouse.

4 Likes

@AE7HD All my rowdy friends are coming over tonight.

1 Like

The first picture is one of 2 Damascus steel Kerambits. I carry. I carry them support side.

The second is my EDC. It weighs 16 pounds. If I leave my house I have it on. I have trained in Escrima for over 30 years and your danged Skippy I know how to use them. I was a SW medic in the military and a flight medic for awhile on civilian life. That’s what the other 2 knives are for. Breaking windows and cutting seatbelts.

2 Likes