Doom Dominates 2024 Campaign Messaging

No I think it is an all out effort from Left leaning politicians and officials to keep Trump from getting elected at any cost. But I think it is very likely to backfire and end up working in Trump’s favor.

2 Likes

I often wonder if the sun burping and frying the electric grid sending us back to the early 1800’s would be better or worse than continuing to allow the corruption to fester, grow and eventually take down society. Is it better to deal with a year or two of pain and suffering before we can pick up the pieces and start over or do we have to deal with several more decades of rot and decay before things finally fall apart?

3 Likes

While a sun burp as you put it would be devastating,… it would only affect the half of the planet facing the sun at the time of impact….

Meaning there would be enough infrastructure remaining to rebuild in just a couple years.

A KT boundary level meteor/comet hit would be MUCH more impactful!

Pun intended! :wink:

Of course, a supervolcano eruption like Yellowstone will decimate the North American continent, and have global climate impacts as well…

Most of us wouldn’t survive either,…

In particular those who inhabit high density cities and rely on others for their survival……

Edit

Nudge nudge! Wink wink! Say no more

Say no more!

Not the worst possibility out there! Even if quite a bit far fetched. :thinking:

3 Likes

That is true but government estimates are that if it happened to the U.S. about 90% of the US population would be dead in the first year. But agree that a meteor and even super volcano would have significantly more global impact.

Though incompetent and corrupt politicians could bumble their way into WW3, release a man made plague and/or create some dystopian authoritarian new world order where we all loose any semblance of freedom. So I’m not certain any of those natural disasters would be worse than some of the possible man made ones if we keep letting unqualified and/or self serving people rule over us.

3 Likes

I do not disagree at all!

That’s why I’m hoping for the natural disaster!

Because the (at this point inevitable) man made disaster that is looming is FAR FAR worse than wiping out 75% of humanity to an asteroid!!!

2 Likes

That is a common refrain that Trump was not convicted of insurrection. However, it ignores the facts of the Colorado case. The Colorado Supreme Court summarized the proceedings in the trial court as follows:

"The trial began, as scheduled, on October 30. The evidentiary portion lasted five days, with closing arguments almost two weeks later, on November 15. During those two weeks, the Electors, the Secretary, President Trump, and CRSCC submitted proposed findings of fact and conclusions of law. The court issued its written final order on November 17, finding, by clear and convincing evidence, that the events of January 6 constituted an insurrection and President Trump engaged in that insurrection."

Sounds like a trial to me and a finding that Trump engaged in an insurrection.

Why did you quot yourself quoting yourself posting the “facts of the case”

Asking for a friend.

We Are Just curious.

Fat fingering on my part.

Meh. Is what it is right

So, are you saying that the 9 justices on the Colorado Supreme Court just lied or that the 5 days of evidentiary proceedings at the trial court did not happen? Sounds to me like Trump’s lawyers just lost that portion of the proceeding and now his supporters are ignoring those inconvenient facts.

Sometimes, a person, or a society, has to be laying face down in the gutter, in the mud, with the results of their binge oozing out of their many orifices, before they come to their senses and realize they need to do a major reset.

In Biden and Trump (and Saul of the Old Testament), we have gotten what we wished for. I fear our republic has yet to go through the worst of things before they begin to improve. Then we will all wake up, hungover from the indulgence of crass materialism and godlessness, and beaten and bruised from the absurdity of wokeism.

And then we start to rebuild.

5 Likes

Perfect summation sir. You should post here more often. I think that is exactly how it will all go down. I pray the Republic will survive it, but it all still must happen the way you wrote it. Bravo

4 Likes

Find the footage showing trump leading the charge on the capital?

IIRC I saw footage of the “guards” pulling certain individuals INSIDE the White House, rather than preventing their access.

I’m not a huge Trump fan, but he was a fair bit better than our current administration!

Did he drain the swamp? No, but his hands were immediately tied and every effort has been made to keep them that way!

2 Likes

@Jerzees Mark697 picture is NOT a peaceful protest, it’s the NEW YEAR’s PARADE after the dust has settled!! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :grimacing: :face_with_head_bandage: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@Shamrock :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Resident Joke BiteMe will send us back to the early 1800’s all on his own :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: with all his going green agenda, and all EV’s with power charging stations all across the country then ZAPPING the power grid to total darkness. OOPS!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hope you’re right, but if the history of the last century is any guide, revolutions don’t produce Jeffersons, but rather, Stalins, Hitlers, Idi Amins & Maos.

1 Like

This time will be different, right? Maybe worse.

I don’t like Trump and suspect he is guilty of more than a few criminal acts but what you described does not sound like a trial to me:

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Biden’s “Green” agenda is a political and economic scam. He has authorized more oil drilling in his first 3 years than Trump did in his entire 4 year term. Then he drained the strategic oil reserve to gain more votes for Democrats in the last election by letting people burn more gas at artificially reduced prices.

Biden is as pro environment as Trump is pro 2A. It’s all a bunch of talk and sleight of hand while they and their buddies pocket the profits from the Ponzi schemes.

2 Likes