Don’t leave guns in cars

Or think about this scenario, 3 men decide to carjack you, open your door, and drag you out of the vehicle, your gun is left inside the car, and now you’re getting your ass whooped out on the street. They leave you for dead and get off with the car. You seen what they just did, and now you just gave them a car to get away with which they’ll probably dump somewhere, and you now just gave them a gun to go on their next crime spree. You’re now out of a car, out of a gun, and you’re going to have extensive medical bills, and now you have to live with the fact that instead of on body carry you chose off body in your car which could of produced a far better outcome then what just happened.

6 Likes

My opinion. anyone who leaves a Firearm in their vehicle is an Idiot… I have a small “lock box with a cable” just in case. But I would never leave a Firearm in my vehicle over night anywhere, even in that box. I live on a dirt road in the “sticks” and I wouldn’t do that. I have a giant safe in the home for that.
If One is going to Carry, One carries…
I caught part of one of the videos referenced where a guy says, “I saw my tool box lid open, looked in the truck and my gun was gone. I didn’t think this would happen in this neighborhood”.
Well I probably didn’t get that quote quite right but it was something like that.
The first thing,… “I didn’t think…”
Second, Why the F*** would One leave a Firearm in their vehicle parked outside of their home?
That is absolutely ludicrous.
I’m responsible for A LOT of Firearms… Where there located and there condition. That’s my fault / choice, I enjoy Firearms.
I apologize folks but that’s just dumb. And my Local Sheriff, would yank my CCP if that happened to me. Well maybe not if I bought him a beer…
Joking aside… Folks… Don’t leave your damn Firearm in your vehicle. One should always know where their Firearms are, the condition there in, and that there safe / secured. And of course the “go to” one is loaded.

2 Likes

“Open the door”, Bang…

2 Likes

Uh, I will have to guess that there are those of you who have to enter a workplace or service building that does not permit firearms inside their facility. That being the case, you either leave your gun at home or you leave it in your car. If those of you make disparaging remarks about how stupid it is to leave your gun in the car actually feel that way, perhaps you are so fortunate that you never encounter that situation. Well, I guess I am happy for you.
The reality is different.

3 Likes

At work is fine. Because most likely your work has security cameras and is being watched. But overnight in the car is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Astounded that people leave their vehicles unlocked. Not only that but consider this.
Do you have an attached garage? Keep that door between the house and garage locked. If they get in the car, they’re in the house.

3 Likes

There are many places which do not allow guns so at one point are another one may need to leave gun in lock box in the vehicle, in these cases, there is pepper spray, stun guns and my favorite, a good pocket knife. Makes it close and personal.

1 Like

I can remember shotguns in gunracks of pickup trucks in the high school parking lot. Especially during duck season. A lot of people went hunting before their first class. Gentler times.

4 Likes

I live in a rural area, where pretty much everyone has firearms. I’ve never had a problem. Could be because I never, ever leave anything inside my pickup except a box of tissues. Even though I don’t worry about it much, my truck, home and barn are always locked unless someone is in them. When we moved here 30 years ago, our neighbor’s camper was broken into in the middle of the night. They took everything inside, even the stove, refrigerator and mattress! The neighbor’s rottweiler never made a peep. So everything is locked, no exceptions. I do have a safe in the consul of my truck, but think it would be easy to pry the lid, so at home it’s unlocked. I rely on the safe when I’m out and about if I have to leave the truck in a parking lot. But, the doors are locked. Not the best, but better than nothing.

2 Likes

Even with a lockbox bolted to the body of my truck, I won’t leave it there except for BREIF periods when I am not allowed to carry. I retrieve it when I get back in and CARRY it from that point forward.

1 Like

Who is stealing the guns? Give you one guess. Hint: they were born out of wedlock to a young girl on welfare.

Criminals?

1 Like

I’m still waiting for an answer from you. Did I get the correct answer to your question? Was it “criminals”. Or, could you please be more specific for the rest of us?

Thanks.

1 Like

My guess is the answer is a little bit racist……….

3 Likes

“A little bit racist”. Is that like “a little bit pregnant?”

Then in my opinion, it doesn’t belong here.

1 Like

I’ll keep bumping this thread daily until you give me a straight answer to my question.

Happy New Year!

1 Like

Yes, criminals. LOL

Are facts racist?

If you’re referring to people of color……. Then yes I’d call it racist. Criminals have no color.

3 Likes

My point exactly. In dealing with felons for over 26 years, criminals look like just about everyone else and all of us. A person is either a law abiding citizen or he or she isn’t.

Stay safe

2 Likes