DOJ has gone too far?

I don’t disagree with the 1st part, but government schools and their employees will do alright as long as you are paying your taxes. So far, I have seen no serious legislation that says, if your child is schooled outside of the public system, you are getting a refund.

2 Likes

Except you can hurt their ADA. In States like California pulling a student from the public system costs them thousands in their budget request. Hit them in the wallet during a budget request and they would start to listen. I don’t know the exact amount in every state but it is at least $13,000.00 a year per student in a district like LA. Cut the number of students and they have to cut their budget. Cut the budget and they have to cut staff. Add to that in some states your taxes are tied to the school budget. Cut their budget and they can’t ask for more money. (In theory). But they will feel it I believe.

1 Like

School vouchers would solve the problem. If you don’t want your kid to be taught CRT (or any of the other usual suspects) you pull your kid and take the money for their education to a school more in line with your values. Children are not the property of the state.

5 Likes