Does a disability give you special rights?

@Simjack
Hello. I’m late replying, and haven’t read all of the replies before mine. However, I read enough to see the great folks point out and link to data about disparity of force.

Lemme tell you what the prosecuting attorney who taught a legal update class I took a few years after having been licensed to carry in Ohio.

Because I have a medicine pump with more than enough medicine in it to kill me, if an attack of any physical nature threatened that pump being damaged and overdosing me, which I later verified with my Dr is precisely what would happen, he said I am legally permitted to respond to an attack as quickly, under the laws of our state, as would someone in a wheelchair. The fact is, a punch to the stomach or being knocked down hard enough, in my case is a deadly threat.

EDIT–Add this: “special RIGHTS?” NO.
Special consideration in a court of law by a jury, and soundly presented by your defense attorney? Yes, I think probably.

What I’m getting at is that each individual is by definition, different. So what constitutes “Imminent danger of severe bodily harm or death,” which is my Ohio criteria for using lethal force in self-defense, will be interpreted with such things as disabilities in mind, given your defense is aware and worth a whit. But since u r posting here, you must have defense shield and if u ever need an attorney, the USCCA is going to make sure you have one qualified to defend you…at least i bet on thst proposition with monthly dues…

4 Likes