Do you vote?

My entire family will be out of our area on election day so we all went in together and voted absentee. Proud to say we all are 100% for President Trump.

2 Likes

Me too. First voted in 1976.

2 Likes

I fully respect your opinion but strongly ask you to reconsider. Democracy depends on the electorate. By not voting I feel you are giving the sorry ones just what they want. I do fully respect your choice.

2 Likes

Missed a couple of primaries in my life, other than that yes. & for the folks that don’t vote, that’s why your rights are getting pissed on.

2 Likes

I voted absentee already.

2 Likes

I missed a couple local elections back when I was younger, but I was traveling a lot for work so my place of residence served only as storage where I’d sleep on weekends or between projects. I didn’t vote because I wasn’t really living in the state and I didn’t know enough about the candidates to make an informed decision.

Now that I’ve settled down, I’ve voted each year. The only place where I was concerned about my vote not getting counted was back when I lived in Maryland. Once was when a worker at the polling place just pocketed my ballot and then another year where I went to vote early and they didn’t even bother checking my ID. I just gave a name and address and they provided me with a ballot. It seems like I could have easily said I was someone else and they wouldn’t have checked.

I vote in every election, no matter how big or small. It is the Right and the Duty of every citizen to participate in the governing process. That’s what the words “…of the people, by the people…” actually mean.

I do understand the quagmire of a cesspool that the political scene has become but I don’t believe that abstaining is the answer. I also don’t subscribe to the ‘lesser or two evils’ school of thought. Even when the ballot has nothing I want to vote FOR, I have yet to see one that doesn’t carry something or someone I definitely want to vote AGAINST.

VOTING is the one tangible way we have, as individuals, to influence how we are governed. We often say “The 2nd protects all the others”, but voting can trump the 2nd along with all the others. We would do well to remember that, just as with our personal defense, using deadly force to defend our rights is a last resort. VOTING is our first line of defense, our fortress, and our best weapon.

In this forum we talk a lot about training and preparedness and being alert. Can’t we also apply these to voting as well? Shouldn’t we? Even a little bit of research and observation can go a long way towards keeping us off of dangerous roads and out of bad neighborhoods.

In America the ordinary citizen has the right to vote, and to have that vote count equally alongside the votes of the wealthy, the powerful, the poor, and the downtrodden. The battle to secure that right was hard fought and hard won, and since the founding of this country that battle has been fought again and again to secure that right for more and more citizens, and we are a better country for it.

Freedom is the right to make the wrong choice. I believe that anyone who is eligible to vote yet chooses not to has made the wrong choice. That being said, I absolutely defend your right to make that choice no matter how wrong I think it is. I will encourage you to vote, urge you to vote, even nag at you to vote, but I will never try to require you to vote. However, when a person chooses not to vote I also have little interest in hearing their opinions or complaints about the government, the same way I don’t waste a lot of time on people who cry that the rich don’t pay enough income tax when they themselves pay no income tax at all, yet reap the benefits of other people’s taxes.

Voting is our right. It is the foundation of all the rights we deserve and enjoy in America today. Just as the lone carpenter doesn’t build a house, a single voter doesn’t form the government. But when the whole crew shows up to do the job, the house gets built, and the house stands strong; it weather’s the storms and protects from the elements outside.

Don’t just say you’re an American, BE an American. Vote as you think best.

1 Like

Yes!
If I don’t, I’m probably dead.
In which case then, I’ll probably be voting Democrat :rofl:

2 Likes

YES!! You need to vote, it helps make a difference.

Never missed one. Kind of aggravated at the USCCA, since the closest they have come to me for USCCA training is TX. They are doing an instructors class from Nov. 2-4 and I don’t trust the early mail in voting process. So I am skipping it to be home to vote on the 3rd.

1 Like

I vote every election… I know some think that voting is pointless, but if it were, then they wouldn’t spend so much time and money campaigning for votes. Every American should vote. It is your civic duty.