Do you carry while in your home?

Thank You. I’m glad to be with you all

3 Likes

… and when you take a shower!

Who said that I shower? Lol. When I shower my firearm is placed on a magnetic holder within reach.

2 Likes

That is how I clean my Glock and why I have I have marine spring cups in it. It goes in the shower with me. We both get a bath, :smile: :smile: :smile:

4 Likes

That’s why they came up with polymer guns…

4 Likes

Same here,i am always armed,except when i am asleep,then it is on the bed side table with in reach,and even then my GD and daughter only open the door to talk to me,when asleep they know not to touch he,I come up fighting,old habits are hard to get out of and every one knows to not touch me when sleeping

3 Likes

From the time I get up and get dressed I always carry, and at night it’s laying between the pillows standing up with the barrel side down so all I have to do is grab the grip,

I do carry at home most of the time. When I don’t, there’s always a handgun close by just in case. I’m an old woman and can’t move as fast as I could when I was younger. If there’s kids in the house, I feel like my gun is safer on my person than laying on the mantle or something.

2 Likes

I keep weapons staged in several rooms (there is no one here other than my wife and my dog). All of my access points are reinforced so I have time to get to them.

2 Likes

I carry all the time, at home or away. The holster stays on my pants belt if I intend to wear the same pants in the morning. I carry, period!

If you think you have time to get to a gun, you better have a good early detection warning system, and you probably do not!

2 Likes

And/or good door security.

2 Likes

You don’t have to be justified, just decide to be armed all day and do it!

2 Likes

We always ready to defend our self at home. There is a threat made from a jail bird that is on drugs, record 10 yards long. and Has no fear of police, jail even GOD. And we know him quite well. One day when ever he will become a larger idiot then he already is & act out on his threat. And we hate to see the day come, but it will . And that is the reason we are ready 24 -7, And like someone said, never leave home with out, or be at out with out. And better to HAVE A NOT NEED, THEN NEED AND NOT HAVE.

5 Likes

I don’t carry in our house but have pistols where we can get to them quick.

5 Likes

Yes, I do. Because statistics demonstrate that 100% of home invasions occur in one’s home. :wink:

6 Likes

Does that mean you leave your gun in your car when you visit the home of another, because there is a 0% chance you will need it there? :wink:

Nope. Because if he or she experiences a home invasion there is a 100% probability that it will happen in their home.

4 Likes

I would be looking for another place to live with that much crazy activity!

2 Likes

I live in a small and quiet town with not much noticable criminal activity but because it’s not noticable doesn’t mean that it isn’t there. Our small town is protected by two police officers that aren’t very visible around town. We have a major highway that runs through town that is my major concern and reason I carry around the house. The bad element travels and we are only 15 minutes from bad elements.

If you ever watch shows like Cold Case Files or Killer in Plane Sight then you would realize even in a small town like mine, bad things happen to good people. Never be off your guard just because you feel you live in a safe place. Carry, Carry, Carry.

4 Likes

I always carry at home. If you read the True Stories in the Concealed Carry Magazines and the Armed Citizen section in the NRA Magazines, there’s a lot of incidents where 2 or 3 people will ambush people at home suddenly and the victims don’t have much time to get to a firearm that’s somewhere else in the house. Chances of things like this happening depend sometimes on where you live, but you just never know these days. Be prepared, be alert, and stay alive. :sunglasses:

4 Likes