Do you carry while in your home?

I had two coyotes sniffing around on the opposite side of the fence the morning after a sow had pigs. Only dropped one of them. We should start a new topic of critters harvested with your carry piece.

3 Likes

Like a couple of others in this thread, I first carried at home, with empty or blue gun, to get used to managing the holster. I discovered an added reason to do so: practice at dealing with the gun and holster when dropping trou for bio breaks. We all really need to get our procedure down before trying to use a public toilet with separator walls that do not go down to the floor.
Eventually, including similar discussions over on The High Road, I came to routinely arming any time I am fully dressed at home. No need to remember to arm before heading outside.

3 Likes

Iā€™m POGO pants on gun on all day long

2 Likes

Two dogs killed two of my pigs last fall. I didnā€™t see the incident until it was too late for the two pigs, but I shot both dogs. Since then Iā€™ve raise the hog fencing up to five ft. to discourage dogs from jumping into the pen. Iā€™ve had pigs for over 40 years and this is the first time I lost pigs to dogs.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been known to but even if Iā€™m not, Iā€™m never more than a step or two from a loaded firearm when at home.

5 Likes

Unless it was you who called police, I wouldnt let them in, or perhaps even open the door.

5 Likes

I had a Weimaraner as a kid that could easily spring over the 8-foot fence we built around our backyard.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œDave17, post:27, topic:80547ā€]
I had a Weimaraner as a kid that could easily spring over the 8-foot fence we built around our backyard.
[/quote]o

I learned as a kid, with our dog and others, that to a dog a fence is a boundary marker (the rules) not a barrier to travel. Just a few years ago our new (to us) 12 month old Sant Bernard would simply walk over the 4ā€™ chain link fence ot investigate the neighborsā€™ yards.

4 Likes

I always carry in my home. I donā€™t work any more so that is where I spend the majority of my time,in my home. It has the added advantage of ensuring you are armed when you walk out the door. Before I started IHC, (In Home Carry), I often found myself unarmed when ā€œjust running out to the store.ā€ That is when there is the most risk of firearm need during my day. So now, instead of trying to remember to arm up to venture out, itā€™s already with me. The Illinois no firearms sign at stores now prompts be to go back and secure my hand cannon in the car. It used to make say to myself, ā€œDummy, you forgot to arm up and youā€™re helpless now,ā€ before I started 100 percent IHC.

1 Like

When I get home I switch from IWB to OWB for the comfort but generally I carry early in my robe, all day until i get ready for bed at night

1 Like

Another reason I and my wife ALWAYS carry at home is because we live in a split-level homeā€¦ the windows downstairs are not made of ballistic glass nor is the sliding patio door-- YET. Makes for easy break-in.

We are currently in the process of replacing said windows with hurricane resistant windows.

5 Likes

Iā€™m glad that she was able to get the guy to leave when she gave the command. I remember how nice it used to be, to be able to have your front door open and get that fresh air flowing through the house.

6 Likes

Semper Fiā€¦

8 Likes

I carry in holster all the time except when asleep.

3 Likes

Stays with me pretty much all the time. If itā€™s not in my pocket, itā€™s on the couch with in arms reach. Stays by the bed while asleep. Though do lock it up if grand kids stay over.

3 Likes

Yes, I carry at home. Always have. Nowadays there are more concerns than just 2 years ago what with woke reductions in police patrol, woke DAs, AGs, and woke criminal sentencing all providing encouragement to follow-homes and the like.

4 Likes

If I have my pants on, Iā€™m carrying. Very comfortable. I can be on my tractor, skid steer or doing whatever. Been doing it for years and would feel naked without it. Just as important as my wallet and keys.

3 Likes

Yup, i carry mine at home and wherever i am with the exception of sleeping. Then its on my bedside table.

4 Likes

Welcome @Jcrawford777 !! Glad to have you with us.

Almost always; which I need to make everyday! One never knows when the proverbial excrement hits the rapidly rotating blade!

1 Like