Do they make Glocks in .38 Super?

It would be ever so cool if they did. :thinking:

4 Likes

Most 38 sup Iā€™ve seen are 1911 styled. Seen one by Taurus could be polymer.

3 Likes

If Glock made a 38 Superb in 38 Superb Autocomp, I would be in.

3 Likes

Hey I found this in YouTube. Lone Wolf Glock 20 Conversion - .38 Super - YouTube

2 Likes

Honestly, I have never seen any .38 Super in anything but a 1911 platform.

2 Likes

What would be the advantage, if I may ask?

1 Like

Advantage? in what?

A .38 Super in a Glock, or just the .38 Super?

.38 Super is an excellent round. It has advantages over the 9mm and a .45, but it has some disadvantages also.

I would not mind a .38 Super, but I would be concerned with having 2 1911s with different calibers. So, either pick one, or make darn sure which one you have.

3 Likes

I think LoneWolf made a conversion barrel for the G20/G21 to 38 super. The longer catridge requires the larger frames. IIRC, you are supposed to swap out the 45 or 10mm follower with a 9mm follower, but there are a few complaints (GlockTalk, IIRC) and YT about reliability with the conversion. I didnā€™t read about people trying the rimless vs semi-rimmed Super catridges though.

I have no experience hereā€¦ just dug a little on the internet, so take the info with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant the cartridge. I couldnā€™t find anything in a quick search to compare the cartridge to others. I believe I have enough now though. .38 super is more powerful than 9mm but about the same force as .45, with the accent on "ft"rather than ā€œlbsā€ :grin:. I thought it might have to do with 1911s but they were originally .45
For me, not a sharpshooter Iā€™ll stick with reliable compact ccw (9mm) 12rd and .45 13rd at close hand in the home. If I want supersonic the AR pistol will work. One of these days Iā€™ll need to shoot a 1911 and see if they become more appealing to me

1 Like

1911 is a an excellent firearm.

Have used several. Also, they can take a beating and keep on shooting, like a Timex :slight_smile:
The .38 Super is an excellent round, and is a good option but the ammo can be difficult sometimes to locate.
Similar to .41 Magnumā€¦ good firearm and rd, but ammo is not plentiful, although, right now no ammo is plentiful

1 Like

Iā€™ll see if I can rent one at the range. Here right now unusual ammo is all that availablešŸ˜. If only I had a .303šŸ˜

2 Likes