Do they make Glocks in .38 Super?

It would be ever so cool if they did. :thinking:

4 Likes

Most 38 sup I’ve seen are 1911 styled. Seen one by Taurus could be polymer.

3 Likes

If Glock made a 38 Superb in 38 Superb Autocomp, I would be in.

3 Likes

Hey I found this in YouTube. https://youtu.be/J4EH5dwZYEA

2 Likes

Honestly, I have never seen any .38 Super in anything but a 1911 platform.

2 Likes

What would be the advantage, if I may ask?

1 Like

Advantage? in what?

A .38 Super in a Glock, or just the .38 Super?

.38 Super is an excellent round. It has advantages over the 9mm and a .45, but it has some disadvantages also.

I would not mind a .38 Super, but I would be concerned with having 2 1911s with different calibers. So, either pick one, or make darn sure which one you have.

3 Likes

I think LoneWolf made a conversion barrel for the G20/G21 to 38 super. The longer catridge requires the larger frames. IIRC, you are supposed to swap out the 45 or 10mm follower with a 9mm follower, but there are a few complaints (GlockTalk, IIRC) and YT about reliability with the conversion. I didn’t read about people trying the rimless vs semi-rimmed Super catridges though.

I have no experience here… just dug a little on the internet, so take the info with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant the cartridge. I couldn’t find anything in a quick search to compare the cartridge to others. I believe I have enough now though. .38 super is more powerful than 9mm but about the same force as .45, with the accent on "ft"rather than “lbs” :grin:. I thought it might have to do with 1911s but they were originally .45
For me, not a sharpshooter I’ll stick with reliable compact ccw (9mm) 12rd and .45 13rd at close hand in the home. If I want supersonic the AR pistol will work. One of these days I’ll need to shoot a 1911 and see if they become more appealing to me

1 Like

1911 is a an excellent firearm.

Have used several. Also, they can take a beating and keep on shooting, like a Timex :slight_smile:
The .38 Super is an excellent round, and is a good option but the ammo can be difficult sometimes to locate.
Similar to .41 Magnum… good firearm and rd, but ammo is not plentiful, although, right now no ammo is plentiful

1 Like

I’ll see if I can rent one at the range. Here right now unusual ammo is all that available😁. If only I had a .303😁

2 Likes