Discussing global warming

This thread is for discussing global warming. There has been stuff like this in other threads and I wanted something dedicated to it so other threads can stay on topic. Post whatever you want as long as it stay respectful and on topic so no name calling or swearing. Have fun
I was asked to revise the poll sorry for the inconvenience

• climate change exists and is man made
  • climate change exists but is not man made
  • climate change does not exist and is a hoax
0 voters
  • We should do a lot to stop it
  • we should do some things to stop it but not much
  • we should do nothing about it
0 voters

If you have any more sugestions on the pole tell me so I can change it.

3 Likes

what is your guys opinion on global warming

2 Likes

It’s nothing to get heated up about. None of us will have to worry about it in our lifetimes. The planet has demonstrated its ability to take care of itself, and species adapt in their own way, or they become extinct. It is the nature of the universe.

11 Likes

I like that point of view you could say it “warms my soul”.

1 Like

To bad north pole animals are suffering do to rapid habitat loss

Animals have existed through other “climate changes” and others have not.

4 Likes

A local take,
For the past 5-6 years we’ve heard nothing but drought drought drought. Lakes including the Great Salt Lake are going to dry up, just look at how low the levels are. But now, for the past two years we’ve had higher than normal water years with last year being a record and this year above average. Lakes are full and spillways are flowing. Do you know what they are saying now? drought drought drought. Lakes including the Great Salt Lake are going to dry up,…

How can we be expected to take them serious?

5 Likes

All due to that nefarious “climate change”. Now Cali can steal more water. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Be it global warming or global cooling, climate change is real. Always has been and always will be. If we all start driving electric cars and buying electric ovens, it would have very limited effect on the climate. Temperatures will vary, there’s no stopping it. We’ll have warming trends and cooling trends. What we need to do, is learn to adjust to the current trend. No amount of money will stop the climate from changing. This climate control hoax is just that a hoax.

5 Likes

agreed often exagerations and whatnot cause people to completely disregard the issue whatsoever

2 Likes

I believe in leading by example, starting with those that are so righteous about this issue. They need to cut their carbon emmisions to zero, not buy carbon tax credits, etc., to show us how it is done. Then look at the vast increases of carbon output by China and India and force them to do the same.

5 Likes

If everyone in the us switched to electric cars it would only efect 1.672 of the total

2 Likes

Here’s my comment. At what moment in time are we/they trying to lock in what “good” is. the planet has undergone much larger changes than this without us and is just fine. There will also be many more. Even if we got to the point of freezing a point in time, new variables will occur or be recognized and that game starts all over again.

All that we hear about is the species (some college twit, usually) that we just learned is going extinct, but they don’t take into account that all species go extinct, including us one day. They also ignore all of the new species that are being discovered (average 18,000/year) which we have no data on at all. Not if they’re better or worse off, or if they’re helping/hurting other species or the planet.

Climate believers are trying to play god, IMHO, and they’re completely unskilled to even try. And we’re letting them use up our precious resources on folly.

6 Likes

Okay, now I see, 42% of carbon comes from production of electricity and those that want to reduce carbon emissions want to increase the use of electricity. Got it.

8 Likes

not exactly the power plants are much more efficient than cars and the Idea is that the electricity is renewable but yes it does do less than they make it sound like

3 Likes

There’s also the number game that they play on the ignorant public. I have been involved in the installation of scrubbers on coal fires power plants for years. And they work really good. When we started it was pretty much boiler gas out of the stack now it’s much much cleaner. SO when they say, "We’re going to reduce Mercury emissions by 50%, the ignorant public are excited, but what they don’t understand is that literally means instead of 100 molecules it’s 50 molecules per ton. And Then, They Scream and Cry about how much their electric bill goes up.

7 Likes

When I start seeing college twits go extinct, I’ll possibly give some thought to “climate change”.

8 Likes

They don’t want to be taken seriously. This want to frighten us in order to push their agenda (and put $millions into their pockets).

10 Likes

I think that when you get to the bottom of the numbers you find that it’s making mountains out of molehills. As a suggestion they don’t give exact measurements of increases they give you percentages. If you really want to be surprised, look up at what the increase in Carbon Dioxide actually is/was when that was the big bugaboo. It’s surprising.

11 Likes

Sulfur increased 50%!!! That’s like .001PPM or 100 molecules

7 Likes