Planet of the Apes

The Left strikes again. I still say King Kong died because he fell off the Empire State building after being shot by air planes but that was before my time. This January is as cold as it was last year so maybe I’m missing something. Every time the weather changes I get nervous. Maybe an additional beer in the evening will help my anxiety. Anyhow, shouldn’t they call it Weather Change? It always seemed to me that winter is different than summer.

13 Likes

Nah! There’s is still sightings of Bigfoot in several areas of the country, so they’re not extinct due to the so called “CLIMATE CHANGE”. :thinking: :smirk: :laughing: China, Volcano eruptions, and catastrophic forest fires are the causes of climate change. :thinking: :laughing: in most places climate changes 4 times per year, “Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall”, :smirk: :laughing:

12 Likes

I bumped into a ‘Big Foot’ yesterday! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
6 1/2 foot tall Hispanic with a tear drop on his face (or maybe it was a Tumor?)
He crawled over to me FAST! and was on me like white on rice!
the only reason I escaped serious injury (or death!) was his knuckles scrapping the pavement and
he only managed one swing! (and if he really connected would have been lights out for Moi!)
He was off balance after his Ape like swing, I got in his wheel house and did an ‘Ally-oop!’
where his sheer size worked against him and BAM! Lights out to Cro-Magnon Man!
Thus saving my Fluffy ass and a serious expenditure of Lead!
The moral of the story is ----wait for it! "Don’t mess with Fluffy! We may ‘wobble’ but we don’t fall down! "(easily)

WWG1WGA
No step on Fluffy!

8 Likes

Everybody knows that “climate change” killed dinosaurs (Giganotosaurus). Giraffes still exists because they were able to reach their favorite food on the high trees…

BTW - I like the “The Left strikes again” slogan. Sounds like new movie coming this or next year. :metal:

9 Likes

I wish climate change would get rid off these marxist primates…

13 Likes

“One user humorously riffed on this “new finding,” saying, “Climate change? I hear you, but did they consider the role that racism, colonialism, and gentrification might have played as well? You need to be asking the important questions!””

Nuff Said.

8 Likes

World effects that are not completely obvious but yet it is there. I live in Washington State, and I grew up here, there are things that is see that are changes. On Mount Rainier when I was young the Glacier was visible from a bridge you crossed over on the drive up to Paradise, which is a base camp. The glacier is now gone. It has totally melted away. In high school we would hike up to the glacier and go into a massive ice cave, now gone. I gather since the ice age we have been in a global warming. Nothing new from what I have observed and isn’t that the science? Observe patterns? The reality is there isn’t a thing we can really do to stop it!

9 Likes

I don’t think we can really discount global warming. The question is how much, if any, is a result of human activity.

7 Likes

I think that question is irrelevant. Even if it is entirely man made the vast majority of proposed mitigations are economic Ponzi schemes of limited scope that will have little to no impact. The bigger question should be how are the changes going to impact certain regions and how are people going to adapt to those changes?

The climate has changed noticeably since I was a kid especially in places like New England and Alaska. Nature also has a tendency of swinging in one direction and then snapping back violently in the opposite direction. So guessing which way things are going and will go is very complicated.

Waisting time arguing over whether it exists or what the cause is won’t help anyone prepare for and mitigate the impacts. But avoiding building in vulnerable places, diversifying food sources and hardening infrastructure could make a noticeable difference.

6 Likes

I find it beyond hubris to even consider that mankind has had the slightest influence on the world climate.
I also find it incomprehensible that anyone with more than three functioning brain cells would believe such moronic garbage.

9 Likes

Nailed it DALE! Ab-so-freekin’-Loot-ly nailed it!!!

and to PROVE that ANYTHING NBC (Nuthin’ but crap!)News say’s go to the other end of the spectrum
and you will probably find some semblance of the Truth!
When the Country takes the DJT Vaccine! The disease will wither and die! and we all could get back to the business of LIVING our LIVES as GOD Intended!

Mi dos Pesos
adonde nosotros vamos uno nosotros ir todo!!!
Nessun passo sul serpente

5 Likes

We have definitely made a dent in the climate through our actions.

However, earth is a dynamic planet and it will spin on.

We are just one space rock away from extinction, and for as much hubris it is so say WE destroyed the planet, we are still a LONG way from actually controlling the future of it!

5 Likes

The east coast is actually sinking. Whoever thought that the weight of NYC wouldn’t compress the soil. Underground subways and tunnels. Coastal flooding, blizzards. Common sense says that it’s all going to come crumbling down. And it’s all along the coast, all the big cities. But we’ll worry about "climate change ".
We need to build in more stable places.
We need to learn how to filter and purify ocean water to make it consumable.
We need to bring the “rising sea waters” to desert areas so we can grow crops.
There’s so much we could do to prepare for the ever changing climate.
But instead we’ll just cry "climate change " and raise taxes to combat it.

4 Likes

I get your point, but it does make some difference. If the climate is NOT changing due to our activities then the demands on us changing our activities are baseless and have no merit.

7 Likes

This is one of the most ridiculus media statements, was laughing to tears, insane.

4 Likes

Welcome @John1520

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @John1520

2 Likes

So true. Much of the political debate swirling around climate change is whether it is real or not, and not about “so what can/should individuals do to deal with the new reality?”

For example, power utilities are replacing coal fired power plants with natural gas, wind and solar generating facilities, often accompanied by high prices for consumers. Where I live, the power utility decommissioned a coal fired power plant and my monthly electric bill literally doubled from around $100/month to $200/month. My response was to install a large bank of solar panels that reduced my monthly bill to around $10.

I coulda groused about the decommissioning of the coal plant, and entered into a prolonged fruitless discussion about whether climate change was real or not. Installing solar panels did more for me than the pointless debate about climate change.

3 Likes

The climate is changing for the past 4.5 billion years, if we have to believe the estimated age of our planet. It will keep changing, no matter how much money politicians will take from you, no matter if we’re going back to live in caves or disappear entirely. Nature adapts, we’re just visitors.

6 Likes

@John1520 Welcome to the climate change in the community! :laughing:

3 Likes