Dirty Harry & Sudden Impact

Just watched those movies this morning and some really unique firearms are featured throughout. Does anyone have specific information on the details of those? Clint Eastwood was definitely a no frills man and his Dirty Harry character was spot-on for him as far as roles he had over the years.

5 Likes

I recently had read an article about the guns used in the Dirty Harry movies. Sadly I can’t remember where I read it. It was a good article.

I loved all of those movies, classics in my book.

1 Like

@Number5.alive Here is a link of descriptions and pics. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sudden Impact - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games (imfdb.org)

7 Likes

There was a discussion about the Dirty Harry series on the Smith and Wesson forum a while back. I don’t remember all the details, but do remember that the Model 29 he used was a pair of guns made by Smith and Wesson for the movies. Until the Dirty Harry movies came out they were not a popular model and S&W were even considering discontinuing the model completely. The movies changed all that, and it became a very popular model for years to come. In fact, you can still go buy a new M29 to this day.

5 Likes

If I recall correctly, they actually weren’t .44 magnums but .41 magnums. That said, if that is the million dollar question, please do not call me as your expert.

2 Likes