Democrats still push for gun confiscation. Thoughts?

Noticed an increase amount of news coverage concerning gun confiscation and mandatory buybacks. Is this all part of their goal to disarm the law abiding public? Thoughts?

1 Like

It is absolutely part of the agenda. Beto has been the only honest one out of the bunch. We know they want our guns. They realized that confiscation can be problematic without compensation. Another one of those pesky things in the Constitution. It keeps getting in the way.

8 Likes

Hitler started by confiscating firearms. Are we seeing a resemblance to him in our Democratic candidates??

2 Likes

Look at some of the laws being passed that make you a felon, then they can blame you for losing your rights.

They look for every single opportunity to take it away. They haven’t even finished and are already going after the 1st and 4th with red flag laws.

Don’t underestimate the agenda. I believe that voting is more important today than it has ever been. It’s the last step before the violence none of us want to see

2 Likes

“We are a nation of laws
” and " I believe America will comply with the law"

Does O’Rourke mean he believes that American gang bangers, armed robbers, rapists, home invaders, and the mentally disturbed will comply with the confiscation -sorry, “mandatory buyback” law? Because, of course, these types always comply with laws.

Add to this the Democrat refusal to consider including law enforcement generated lists of known gang members in the proposed “red flag” database and you can see the true intent of his goals.

The only Americans he, and “they”, are interested in disarming are the law abiding citizens who own firearms. The Americans who have not and are extremely unlikely to commit crimes with their weapons. Not the known, proven criminals, not the known members of terrorist groups who openly state their intention to commit horrible crimes against America and Americans; not, in fact, any person or group who, by their daily actions, prove themselves to be a threat to law abiding American citizens. The only Americans he believes are worthy of mandatory disarmament are the people he believes pose a threat to his agenda. Rights be damned, tradition be damned, history be damned; the Agenda is more important.

I am not afraid of O’Rourke becoming President as much as I am afraid that he represents the currently most outspoken figurehead of an organization which believes the very same things as he does but are too savvy -or fearful- to say so publicly.

2 Likes

If the Democrats win both houses of Congress and the White House next year, we will effectively end up with a constitutional dictatorship. They will never admit it, but increasing the Supreme Court they way FDR wanted, along with all of the rest of their burgeoning campaign platform will place us right there.

My response is going to be a change of address. A place where my values are allowed, if not appreciated, and that has a “don’t f*ck with us” history.

1 Like

Maybe the next Constitutional amendment should be setting the number of Supreme Court Justices permanently at 9.

2 Likes

It’s going to be seriously “problematic” even with compensation.

1 Like

Goodbye Beto.

2 Likes

So DEMOCRATS want to buy back (take) a constitutional right from us. What constitutional right will be next? The 1st, maybe the 4th, 5th, or 6th
Once we start giving up freedom we become slaves to the power of government.

2 Likes

100% MikeBKY, they want our guns. The Democratic’s have always been after our guns, starting with California Communists Party. What gets me, they ALL swore in to uphold our Constitution and have done everything the opposite of. Isn’t that treasonous?

2 Likes

If you watch, the democrats will toss things out, see what the reaction is. They probably won’t go for mandatory buybacks yet, but will think they can easily get lesser gun control laws passed. They will slowly ratchet up the laws until they get what they want. I think even 10 years ago a proposed mandatory buyback would have gotten a LOT less favorable response.

It is not at all about crime or our safety. What have they proposed to do to get the guns out of the criminals hands? Nothing, they don’t even want gang activity to play into their red flag bs.

"House Democrats this week advanced a new measure to encourage states to pass “red flag” laws, known as extreme risk protection orders, that authorize removing guns and ammunition from dangerous individuals.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee amended the measure during a Wednesday mark-up to authorize the federal government to issue extreme risk protection orders in some instances, but they rejected an amendment that would have red-flagged anyone who law enforcement lists as a gang member.

“The majority of violent crime, including gun violence, in the United States is linked to gangs,” Rep. Ken Buck, a Colorado Republican who sponsored the amendment, said Wednesday. “My amendment is quite simple. It would allow the issuance of a red flag order against anyone whose name appears in a gang database if there was probable cause to include that individual in the database.”

Democrats objected with reasons that sounded very familiar to Republicans.

GOP lawmakers have staunchly opposed “No Fly, No Buy” proposals Democrats have tried to pass in the House in recent years because the lists flag the wrong people." Democrats frown on targeting gang databases with 'red flag' laws | Washington Examiner

1 Like

YES
I think we are

1 Like