Dealing with an armed security guard with an attitude

The majority of security guards I have interacted with have been polite and respectful. I actually deal with a fair number of unarmed and way underpaid security guards being forced to work in some pretty sketchy situations.

But I have also run into a few guards that strike me as wanna be cops (and for all the wrong reasons) who just have an attitude and want to flaunt whatever power they think they have over other people. Not the kind of people I enjoy interacting with but I’m happy they were likely rejected from whatever real LEO organization they applied to so they have a much more limited ability to impose their will upon others.

10 Likes

Put your sister on the keyboard, I REALLY want to hear what kind of person you are :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Ok. maybe I was a bit out of line there but my point still stands.

5 Likes

I want to be one of those bank truck drivers.

But requires 2 years of unarmed security work.

3 Likes

9 Likes

This reminds of a guy I l worked whose shotgun was taken away by court order. He clearly had issues and he didn’t last long with the company.
Fast forward a few months after he quit, he visited me driving a Crown Vic that was bought by his new employer, a security agency, from a police department that was replacing their fleet.

He was giggling like a silly girl as he shared stories of how he’s making fun of unsuspecting teenagers who mistook him for law enforcement.

Both can be true at the same time. :wink:

7 Likes

Definitely recommend not working on the construction jobs I’m involved with. The guards are out there at night for 12+ hours straight and paid a low flat rate. Some actually stay out there all weekend or even 24/7 in some cases with no relief. They have to drive their personal vehicles, usually small old passenger cars, on roads meant for high clearance 4x4s. The police response time is often over an hour if they can even find the work sight, no addresses or street names out there. And some of the locations have no cell reception to call for LEOs anyways.

Fortunately they don’t run into too many people out there but the meth heads do occasionally patrol the roads looking for a chance to steal fuel and batteries out of the heavy equipment.

The guards seem to be getting replaced in some cases now by portable remote sensor towers with cameras, flashing lights and cell or satellite calling abilities to alert the authorities. Not sure if they are as effective a deterrent as the guards but probably a lot safer for everyone involved.

I don’t think you could pay me enough to risk walking and driving around the streets carrying bags of money even if I was armed and wearing a bullet proof vest. Especially as the economy is worsening and crime is increasing. But I do see job postings for armored car drivers fairly regularly.

8 Likes

This would never fly at one of my workplaces, where they saw top management getting ready for a stressful day, smoking crap in the garage.

5 Likes

She’s too HEAVY! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! BANG!

WWG1WGALONE 'cause I’m DEAD!Sibling execution!

5 Likes

No you don’t brother, In today’s climate you are a Target!

7 Likes

That’s Me! How’d you get my picture? Are you a .gov spy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Bastards took out my legs @ 19 years old (1979) ‘Crackheads’ Brothers 15-17, they both died going for the gold. the turnover is unbelievable (here anyway). The pay is decent though, I drove for Advance Auto Parts recently (I love driving still) and went to Security last week, and almost doubled my salary. Because of Disability restriction I can only make a certain amount if I go over I lose the support (I guess I make enough money and I’m not considered disabled anymore…gov, go figure…do I get my legs back then? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

8 Likes

I did actually consider an armored car position awhile ago when there was an extended slow period in my field. But the pay wasn’t all that good, the hours were unpredictably long and the worker rating reviews for the company were really poor.

I suspect with your experience and potential client pool that the salery starts to come more in line with the risk?

6 Likes

As long as you’re on public land, you can walk around the fence as much as you want. Go watch NC tyrant hunter on YT.

Seems like a lot of private security think they are actually the police and become hostile.

5 Likes

I am going to be a little flippant here but I agree with what you said Shamrock.
But the salary isn’t important to me anymore. I would NEVER go back to Armored EVER!
There isn’t enough money in the world (except for the Pudding crime family’s accounts)
to get me back in those trucks.
I have limited time here on this earth, shorter than I expected. I have revised my Bucket List and
being a Millionaire doesn’t seem all that high on the list anymore. But as I have said Sheepdog/Protection is what I am, It’s what I do. I love it. So that is where I am @ now but I won’t throw it
all away early for Bread. And that is probably why I post as I do now. I NEVER talked about my stuff like this before. Never told ‘War stories’ but this whole muslim thing really made me angry. Some People just refuse to see. Most times here I am preaching to the Choir (You folks GET IT!) Some refuse to see.
As the Courageous Lion always say’s: "It’s not my job to wake up the sheep, It’s my job to wake up the other LIONS!

8 Likes

Illegal activity is the first thing that popped into my mind. Over the years of doing business in Florida I’ve run into a few places that, on the surface, appear to be legit companies, but then you realize they have a ridiculous amount of security for their line of work, and the owners drive way more expensive cars than 90% of the other guys running companies in the same industry. Sometimes things just smell “off” and yesterday was one of those times.

One thing that made me suspect was when Barney asked me what I wanted with the company I was looking for. It wasn’t his business at all why I was there to talk to someone he claimed to never have heard of. I didnt answer.

9 Likes

He MAY not have been a Security Guard…Cue twilight Zone conspiracy Muzik!
He may have been Operations Front man gathering Intel on YOU!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! :female_detective: :female_detective: :female_detective: :female_detective: :male_detective: :male_detective: :male_detective: :male_detective: :male_detective:

4 Likes

He was probably an AI cyborg about to terminate me :astonished:

6 Likes

Know what’s funny… as much as people joke about Barney and his bullet, at least Don Knotts has the good sense to keep his finger outside the trigger guard on his revolver. Too bad Don didn’t get a chance to give some firearm safety training to Alec Baldwin.

10 Likes

‘But the gun just went off!’

BAD GUN!

sheeeeesh! If he doesn’t have a script…

6 Likes