Dara Duty Holster: Review

Dara Duty Holster lvl 2 retention for Pistols mounted with an RMR.

I need to play around with this holster more to see if i can find a way to make it comfortable. I suspect using a duty belt is the way to go. The problem may lie more with where the belt loops on my pants are. As it is, the forward corner of where i slide my belt through digs into my thigh in an extremely painful way. (Probably why it’s called a DUTY holster lol

On to function:

The retention is primarily a kydex hood that flips over the back plate of the firearm. You can adjust the retention of the holster itself,I have not done so primarily because I don’t carry this firearm often.

The hood flips forward via a thumb button on the backside (closest to your body) of the holster. Having large hands this button could be a little further down for me, however smaller hands would find this button easily. It is placed where your thumb will naturally hit it on drawing and no matter how fast of a draw you are, you’re not going to beat those beefy springs releasing the hood.

The holster does have a thigh strap despite being a belt hoster. I’ve thought about removing it as it screams tactical, but I will leave it be. (There is discussion about arming some of us at work finally and it may see use going forward, we will see.)

Overall it does exactly what it’s supposed to do and it’s definitely high quality craftsmanship. If you’re a bigger guy like me, it may dig in to your hip on the corner unless you’re using a duty belt or have pants with decently located belt loops.

Out of 5 stars, I give it 4. Not going to fault the company for my own issues.

2 Likes

Pics are always nice. Nice looking duty holster. Thanks for posting the review. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! I should have taken some before I loaned it to a buddy to see if he would like it. That was my bad.

2 Likes

It looks like a nice duty holster. Good for open carry. I can’t make any recommendations because I never owned or tested one. Since I don’t open carry I probably wouldn’t purchase one. According to the pic it looks like nice quality . I have seen reviews on the Dara concealed carry holsters and they look nice also.

2 Likes