Country Music Television urges viewers to ‘wear orange’ for gun control campaign, upsetting core audience

3 Likes

“Orange” you glad it’s easy to turn CMT off?

5 Likes

Biting the hand that feeds you? Not gonna end up well :man_facepalming:t4:

I guess I’ll let this month to pass before I can wear my orange Harley colors. Same for those who wear Broncos, Syracuse, Bengals colors

2 Likes

Never learned their lesson from the Dixie Chicks.

6 Likes

Yep still don’t listen to them if they (the “chicks”) come on I turn the station. Isn’t America great!! I don’t like what I hear I don’t have to listen. I don’t like what I’m reading I can read something else. If I don’t like the person I can walk away. I love my Country. Some people don’t understand just how good we have it here. A lot of countries you don’t get to choose.

4 Likes

I tried watching the last CMT awards and after 20 minutes decided there is no Country music left in this country. This does not surprise me…

1 Like

Today’s county is pop with a banjo or fiddle thrown in to meet genre’s marketing requirements- :laughing:
No heart, no stories, no personality

4 Likes

No boots, no hats…. All fakes…

1 Like

I don’t watch ANY awards shows. The last thing I want to see is a bunch overpaid, aren’t-I-wonderful, pinheads telling each other how wonderful they are and how (political statement here). They make reruns of “Gilligan’s Island” look like high entertainment. Yep, I’m old…

5 Likes

Did any of you notice one of the groups supporting this anti gun violence thing was Planned Parenthood? Now that s@#! is ironic.

2 Likes

Tone deaf.

I was reluctant to wear my red hat for a few years because of all the crazy Trump haters. My university colors is red. I’m still hesitating to wear it. So I wear my Atmy hat. Some people look at me as if it were the same.

CMT has gone off the edge. I like real (old) country and western anyhow.

1 Like