Constitutional carry in Utah

Utah has passed Constitutional carry law, it on Gov Cox desk waiting to be signed into law. I just renewed my CCW in Utah which is honored in 25 plus state, I still think if you traveling in the country to have a CCW to cover you in the state that accept CCW from other state but Utah has move to support the 2 amendment. Thank you Utah a gun friendly state that support your rights of the people. God Family Country :us::us::us:

11 Likes

Congratulations. Still waiting for Abbot to declare Texas a 2A Sanctuary state and get constitutional carry passed.

3 Likes

I’m interested to know how it affects my UT nonresident permit.

3 Likes

I’m on the wait-see list also.

Check you state CCW laws to see what state allow their ccw permit. Utah is acceptable in 25 other state so USCCA should list yours and show the map to were it accepted

1 Like

Good luck their hope that como dose get the Gov seat or TX will turn blue

I believe the question will be answered when other states respond to Utah’s action and / or whether Utah continues to issue or renew non-resident permits. Things change at the drop of a hat! Not too long ago Pennsylvania AG decided to discontinue reciprocity with Utah non-resident cards. Time will tell.

1 Like

The only way you know is by going to the Utah BCS.gov site, with the Chand to constitutional carry in Utah you may what to check that out before hand that way you know if you can concel carrie without a permit. But I’m not 100% sure that will apply to none resident, lately the gun laws in Utah have be changing some good and other not. But know 18 year old can carrie firearms in Utah and buy hand guns for self defense.

Check on the Utah BCS.gov page and how none resident are affected but if Utah your CCW your good 3ither way

1 Like

The link you provided does not work for me. I did find this news item indicating the bill had not been signed:

Will Utah become the next state to drop concealed carry permit?

HB60 will allow any Utahn who can legally own a firearm and is 21 years or older to carry that firearm concealed in public. The bill does not remove the conceal carry permit program as some may still need a permit in order to carry the gun in other states. This is somewhat reassuring.

My News feed said the Governor signed the Constitutional Law. NRA-ILA | Utah: Governor Cox Signs Permitless Carry Legislation!

2 Likes

Constitutional carry yes that is correct. One for the good guys

2 Likes

Shall not be infringed.

1 Like