Concealed permit question

Happy Birthday @Fred_G and God bless you.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Current law in my state is that if asked for ID you are to provide both if you are carrying. Why would you not? Why risk unnecessary escalation if the officer deduces from a visual or other means, that you are carrying and have declined to inform him/her.

2 Likes

In WI you are only REQUIRED to show ID if operating a vehicle on a public road or in a establishment that serves (as opposed to just sells) alcohol.
But why would you play hard ass with law enforcement? Whether carrying or not.
No better way to make an officer suspicious than refuse a reasonable request…

3 Likes

@Mike164 , they will know if you had a permit before because Utah connects the two together like some other states.

2 Likes

Happy Born Day @Fred_G , my fellow GEMINI!!!

3 Likes

Thanks Lu-Can!

3 Likes

Yes , Where I live I know a grand percentage of our LEOs. Probably on any give time at a license checkpoint they would know I am carrying. I still remind them though. But I know that folks who live in a larger city situation don’t have the advantage of knowing their LEOs. I generally follow the rules of a traffic stop. At night time before he or she gets to my window I turn my inside light on and already have the info ready they will ask for initially.

3 Likes

Exactly, and because of this I make it a point of informing any police officer I come in contact with, even if it’s a casual contact. I do not want them wondering or trying to figure out what that thing poking my shirt out is. I have nothing to hide.

5 Likes

Great idea, appreciate that.

3 Likes

In NE anytime you have official contact with a LEO you must inform them if carrying

2 Likes