Concealed Carry Permit Transfer

Hi. I live in North Carolina and have a Concealed Carry Permit, but I’m moving to Florida. Does anyone know what I’ll have to do to transfer that permit?

1 Like

There are no transfers in the CCW world, as far as I know. You’ll be starting from scratch. Learning new laws and jumping through whatever hoops FL deems nessiary to get their permit.

1 Like

Found this on uscarry’s site, but you will want to confirm anything you learn on the internet…

Florida does not allow you to transfer another state’s concealed carry permit or license to Florida. You must apply for a new Florida Concealed Weapon License. If you are moving to Florida and have a concealed weapon license or permit from another state that recognizes Florida Concealed Weapon Licenses, your permit is valid for 90 days from the date that you established legal residence via registering to vote, making a statement of domicile pursuant to s. 222.17, or filing for homestead tax exemption on property in Florida.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Meagan!

Tami

Zee

May 24

Found this on uscarry’s site, but you will want to confirm anything you learn on the internet…

1 Like

My pleasure :grin:

Welcome to the Community, @Tami - sorry I missed this post earlier! You can check out the Florida laws here:

That page will give you all of the information on how to get a permit in Florida. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Write or Call:
Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
Division of Licensing P.O. Box 6687
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6687
Phone: 850-245-5691

They will send you all the necessary paperwork, fill it out. Send your picture, paperwork and fingerprints and check and in a couple weeks they’ll send you the license.

2 Likes