Colt 1911 Question

Yes, you did state my second point about private inquiry, but my main point was not to post the s/n online. RIF, and so is comprehension.

1 Like

https://a.co/d/f1s0xCD

the flaydermans guide is a good place to start to get you in the ball park

1 Like

Others have already mentioned this, but it varies A LOT. And websites and research are made difficult because USGI issued pistols are never “all original parts” unless it was a senior officer’s gun kept by a few owners rather than being reissued all the time.

All USGI guns were rebuilt many times over the years with a mish mash of parts and will likely be in the $750-$1,200 range depending on condition. But if you have one that is very unusual for some reason (special markings, limited special runs, stuff like that), the sky’s the limit, but you’ll have to frequent gun shows and become familiar with collectors and what’s out there. The GunBroker sites will be next to useless for that purpose.

Most of the 1911 forums (there are a half dozen around) have a collectors forum where you’ll find folks in the know you can post questions to.

-John

2 Likes

My stepdad had his father’s ww2 pistol.

When he and my mother retired and moved to CostaRica he smuggled it, and a colt mini .22 down there.

Unfortunately, because the guns entered CostaRica illegally, there was no legal way to get them back to the USA☹️

I did get some pictures that I finally found on my old phone.

3 Likes

a price of $2,247.00 or more. $3,425.00 possibly.

1 Like