Emp .40

Does anyone have or had experience with this model Kimber? Found one locally used but, feed ramp looks to be pristine, as well as the barrel to slide contact. How bad could it be, 1911 and .40 is not dead in my supplies. What do you guys and ladies think?

I have to first question is that an EMP 40 a 1911 Springfield Armory or a Kimber Ultra in .45 ACP.
All my handguns are Kimber and their line doesn’t include an EMP .40 that I’m aware of.
Do you have a picture? ( don’t reveal serial numbers )
All things being relative, a well polished ramp could mean an extreme amount of rounds through the barrel or it’s been hand polished for resale like a used car is waxed and infused with the new car smell!

2 Likes

You are correct Springfield. I mis spoke.

1 Like

It intrigues you. It’s on your mind. Springfield is big on 1911’s, and forges their frames and slides, which to this former metalworking shop rat is a big plus.
Question is, are you sure it’s a .40? Just checked their site, and the 3 EMP models are all 9mm. Per site, SA’s 1911’s are in 9mm/10mm/.45acp…

2 Likes

40 as in 4.0 inch barrel maybe?

It is .40 cal. Am going to do the deal. Will report with a few pics this afternoon, after I drop off taxes and tax payments at the PO.

1 Like

Seems tight, not a flaw found on the finish. Not even the takedown scratch. Shooting it will complete the story.

Then the holster hunt begins

1 Like