Colorado - Interesting Read and Newspaper drops Pro-Gun Article

A new take on clothing on optional and Mothers in Action, along with Sen Booker and Sen Waters, applies the pressure…

2 Likes

NO spine. I thought the press was supposed to be the people’s watchdog not the anti-gun’s lapdog.
Wish I could say I’m shocked.

3 Likes

Come on Zee, you’re very well aware that liberal media pushes and promotes liberal ideas and vilifies any position or group that goes against their liberal positions.

3 Likes

So…private entities have the right to publish/not publish what they want…however…since they seem to appear to have been “pressured” by the Government (two US Senators) not to publish the story, does that now become a violation of 1st Amendment rights?

3 Likes

Sorry to say but this is what we need to expect if the democrats gain more control of our government both on state and federal levels. and we’re starting to see it happening with ALL OF THE NEGATIVE REPORTS THAT THE MSM, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, AND WAPO keep doing with their fake news about President Trump and any conservative these days. And one reason why I don’t watch them these days. And I really believe that it all started during Obama’s time in office.

2 Likes

IMO - NOT a USCCA opinion, my personal opinion - it started earlier than that. I would say during Clinton. Or even before. When the media stopped reporting facts and started expressing opinions outside of the editorial pieces is when it started going down hill.

4 Likes

I have to admit, this one threw even more…

[From Beto to Breasts, the Left’s Revelations Rankled Red Staters - Liberty Nation

1 Like

“Disappear him” like John Edwards or “disappear him” like Jimmy Hoffa? Just wondering with unfortunate circumstances that seem to surround employees of one political family. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also when the media stared making up facts…

"FEB. 10, 1993 12 AM
TIMES STAFF WRITERS
In an extraordinary public apology, NBC said Tuesday night that it erred in staging a fiery test crash of a General Motors pickup truck for its “Dateline NBC” news program and agreed to settle a defamation suit filed by the auto maker.

“We deeply regret we included the inappropriate demonstration in our ‘Dateline’ report,” said a statement read by NBC News co-anchors Jane Pauley and Stone Phillips Tuesday night. “We apologize to our viewers and to General Motors. We have also concluded that unscientific demonstrations should have no place in hard news stories at NBC. That’s our new policy.”

The apology, still being negotiated within five minutes of air time, was part of a settlement of a lawsuit GM filed Monday over film used in a Nov. 17 segment of “Dateline.”

In its apology, NBC admitted that it had used incendiary devices to ensure that a fire would erupt if gasoline leaked from the truck being hit by a test car. The 15-minute segment was addressing critics’ charges that GM’s full-size pickup trucks built between 1973 and 1987 are unsafe because their gasoline tanks are on the sides of the trucks, outside the frame."

1 Like

Im going to say it started in 1993. Specifically with the OJ Simpson trials. Media had never before brought in so many views and the media companies have been trying everything in the book to maintain that relevance.

1 Like

I’m going to go back a bit further… I’m blaming the '60s. I have a sense that’s when we started moving from seeing ourselves as Americans first, and subcultures second to seeing ourselves as xxx-Americans where whatever our identifying differences came before the hyphen and American came second.

When we started identifying ourselves by what divides us, rather than what unites us, the wheels began to come off.

Our differences are easily leveraged by anyone with an agenda to get us fighting among ourselves, and then they can do as they please unnoticed.

Additionally there is a drive to greater selfishness when we see ourselves as different than “them”, and an increasing temptation to see ourselves as better than.

People who see themselves as better than are more likely to try to force their views on others, to want to control others, and to want to remove power from others and keep it for themselves.

4 Likes

Also, there’s this, attributed (partially correctly) to Alexander Fraser Tytler:

A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.

The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.

When one sees oneself as different, especially if one sees oneself as put upon in some way, it gets increasingly easier to vote money into your own pocket from the public fund. Especially since that acts as a revenge-by-proxy on those who are different than you and who you blame for your situation.

When politician figure out that’s what’s happening, many of them will start figuring out how to exploit that punitive greed to ensure their own elections, and they pander like crazy.

People generally act in accordance with their self interests. When people are increasingly in (get stuff) + (get revenge) mode, and politicians are increasingly in (take stuff from not-their-voters) + (give that stuff to their voters) mode, it’s hard to see how this gets fixed.

What makes people NOT act in their own selfish self interest is commitment to something bigger. Things like protection of their family, principles of honor, constitutional rights and freedoms, religious faith, community, being All Of Us Americans First and every other thing a distant last.

If we are ever going to get the wheels back on, I think that’s the only way to do it.

3 Likes

We are firmly in the end stages of apathy IMO. Speaking to society.

What I’m about to say is horrible, but I’m going to say it anyway. About the only way things will change on a national level is for there to be another big war, and it’s going to have to happen on US soil to leave a lasting effect on our societal views.

Only by it becoming personal to us, the royal us, will it pull people’s craniums out of their rectums long enough to change people’s minds.

Right now we’re living in a society where victimhood is glorified and thise who can make themselves out to be the greatest victims achieve the highest status. This needs to change.

My opinions and thoughts aren’t going to be popular, nor will they sit well with people. I would like to think it won’t take such extreme factors to bring people together, but realistically our people only come together in times of great need. If U.S. society is going to change for the better, it’s going to take something extreme to give it the needed push.

Don’t mind me, just rambling about things I’ve thought about.

2 Likes

Makes me think back to 9/11. I never want 9/11 again but I’d give anything to bring back 9/12 when we were all united.

3 Likes

I wrote the Sr Editor and pointed out the cowardice involved and the fact that there’s nothing more racist in intent or practice than gun control laws along with pointing out that no one benefits more from firearms training and education along with lawful carry.

2 Likes

To me it seems as though it started back in the reagan days. Not from him but the idiot that tried to kill him.JMO

1 Like

WOW! They admitted to creating a fake outcome on the video with their report… I’m speechless. How did that get past the editors? I think @KevinM would fire someone on the spot for such unethical behavior.

1 Like

Editors were in it for ratings? This was before the internet as we know it, I mean, we used to trust the news right? Scary when the “news” is not the news…

1 Like

@Spence

Your post reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite Economists:

“Where is a society headed that holds its most productive members up to ridicule and scorn and makes mascots out of its least productive and most parasitic members?” Walter Williams

1 Like

Actually it goes back to Reagan’s days as Governor when the Black Panthers, a violent black separatist/communist group and quasi terrorist organization was threatening armed marches in the streets to “protest” local and state gov’t.

They passed, and he signed into law “The Mulford Act”.

Which pretty well outlawed open carry of firearms, particularly long guns in CA.

1 Like